Infertility
Options

Follie Checks

Is it standard practice to measure all the follies when you go in for an ultrasound while stimming or is it normal to just just take a few measurements of the biggest ones?

Just curious what other RE's do

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Follie Checks

• Options

Yes, they should be checking the size and amount of follies. GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog

TTC #1 Since June 2007
    April 2008 Diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility
    5 failed IUI cycles
    2009-2011 IF Treatment Break - saving for IVF and TTC on our Own... Praying for a miracle

IVF (Long Lupron) Bravelle & Menopur, ER on 11/4 (Retrieved 17 eggs - 16 mature & 16 fertilized!)3dt on 11/7 (Transfered Two "perfect" 8 Cell 0% Frag Embryos) = BFFN

Nov 2011 - July 2012 Taking time off to heal before FET
    (We have three beautiful frosties waiting for us)

FET August/September 2012 = BFP!!!
    ET (8/31) 2 Expanded Blastocysts & 1 Collapsed Blastocyst
    Beta#1 (9/14) 14dp5dt = 1309 Beta#2 (9/19) 19dp5dt = 7557!! 1st U/S (9/28) 1 Beautiful Heartbeat! 8 Weeks 2 Days 2nd U/S (10/9) Heartrate=184!!! EDD: 5/19/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes they are checking the amount and size of follies.  But say for instance you have 20 follies, do they measure the size of each individual one?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My u/s tech will measure the ones that look over 10mm and then just count the ones that are under.  I had a follie check yesterday and she measured a few and none were over 10mm, so she just counted the rest rather than measure them knowing they are not over 10.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options

imageBlueyed228:
    My u/s tech will measure the ones that look over 10mm and then just count the ones that are under.  I had a follie check yesterday and she measured a few and none were over 10mm, so she just counted the rest rather than measure them knowing they are not over 10.

This is exactly what mine does.  

Me:27 DH:27 IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- 45R, 20F, all arrested except 1 blast, BFN 7/20/12 Houston, we have an egg problem. IVF#2 Luteal Lupron protocol Started stims 8/16/12 ER 8/26/12 41R, 12F, all arrested before ET Not sure where to go from here. My blog: www.mininoves.wordpress.com
  • Options

imageBlueyed228:

This is what mine did ^ 

• Options
    imageCutieGirlLissie:

imageBlueyed228:

This is what mine did ^ 

• Options
    imageCutieGirlLissie:

imageBlueyed228:

This is what mine did ^ 

• Options
    imageCutieGirlLissie:

imageBlueyed228:

This is what mine did ^ 

Okay, thanks guys.  This is pretty much what mine did also and I was a little concerned but it does make sense.  Its been some years since I did a fresh cycle and I didn't remember how they did it last time so I was concerned.  But now I feel better!

Thanks!

• Options
    imageLunarScallion:

imageBlueyed228:

This is exactly what mine does.  

Mine does this too.

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"