Single Parents

Roll Call

Hi!  I have seen a lot of new names on here in the past few months and have noticed alot of vets not posting as much.  Just wanted to make a post for everyone who is still on the board, say hi to newbies, and see where everyone is on their single parent journey.

Baby K is growing like a weed and just turned 1 year old!  I am still working fulltime and splitting childcare between part time daycare and having family watch her.  Her father and I have no custody issues as he has chosen to abandon her completely.  He didnt even send any sort of email/text/call to acknowledge the big birthday.  I had a court order for child support set up about 7 months ago and backdated to K's birth.  I am still waiting for that first payment as he has chosen to ignore the court order as well.......

Other than the lack of CS life as been hectic but good lately.  Hope the same for all of you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Roll Call

• Hi! I'm one of the newbs. My DD is 2.5 and DS is 10 months. H is moving out on Friday. This was my choice but I am still so nervous about doing everything myself. Currently H does more cooking, all the kids laundry, pool and lawn maintenance, and dishes. I am preparing myself for a big adjustment period for the kids and myself. That's it for me!
  • I'm new, been on this board since I found out I was pregnant in April. I was dating my BD, we got pregnant by accident, and he's since decided he wants nothing to do with us. Fortunately, I have awesome family/friend support and I've wanted for nothing. I had to give up a great paying job, my townhouse, and my independent life for my baby, and moved in with my parents temporarily (which sucks). After baby gets here, I'm going to finish up school for cardiovascular/abdominal sonography - yes, I'm going to be one of those people who does baby ultrasounds that everyone complains about! I'm looking forward to my life with baby Z. I think that pretty much sums up my story.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still sort of a newbie. Just got divorce finalized last Friday, and even though the court order is for supervised visitation, XH is asking for unsupervised (probably doesn't want to shell out the $ and time for a psychiatric eval). All in all though, my little princess is growing well and happily, starting to walk, and I feel like I can start getting on with my life. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd say I'm new too! I started posting in April when my now ex-fiance and father of my child and I split up. Like PP, we were dating, got pregnant by accident, he then proposed 2 days later. I accepted in an attempt to create a home for my child. By week 10 of my pregnancy I had left and am currently dealing with a lot of difficulties and drama with BD. Fortunately, also as PP had mentioned, I was able to move in with my mom and just recently was able to obtain employment again. I couldn't be in a better place and with more supportive people than I am right now. BD drives me insane most of the time, but I now have an attorney to help deal with some of it and I'm just trying to enjoy my last 10 weeks of pregnancy! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Hello!!! I am super new! :D Super excited, super nervous.... aaaagghhh!!!! I am 9 weeks, due in April ^.^ And as for the sperm donor, grr!! I was with this guy for 3 years but we broke up, and were kind of casually.... "seeing" each other. I found out I was pregnant, knew it was his and told him. But he started dating a minor, who "doesn't like me" and he won't have anything to do with me because of her. This is frustrating because I thought we were close and meant more than that but I guess he is thinking with his lower "head". I hope you get your child support soon, and I hope everything with mine will work out!
  • Hi! I'm pretty new around here as well. I am 34 weeks pregnant with my first, a baby boy. My boyfriend of six years, best friend and father of my son, up and left me for a coworker, claiming he wasn't in love with me anymore. So, here I am! I'm scared about the future, but I luckily have some good people in my life. I'm just trying to enjoy the last few weeks pre-baby, and am looking forward to welcoming my son very soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm here off and on, but mostly over on my BMB.

The past two weeks were the most stressful of my life, but hopefully it'll be up from here.  It's been total craziness from STBXH...  Waiting on getting mediation scheduled so we can get this show on the road! 

8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
    ~Dr. Suess
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't ever post here. But I read what everyone has to say. I started a post one day but it ended up being a very LONG post. I slept with BD twice. I hardly knew him and both of us could have taken better precautions before/during/after. But needless to say I love my DS who is 6 weeks today! I told BD 4 days after I found out last November. He said he was not at all prepared for this and wanted me to get an abortion. I didn't think I could emotionally handle getting an abortion. A month later he text me and asked what I decided to do. He said he isn't stable enough and wanted to know if I expected anything from him i.e money. I told him I wasn't sure what to do about that. 

That was the last time I heard from him. I still wonder how he can not want to know his child. 

I moved in with my parents when I was 12 weeks. They said I could live there until I am closer to finishing school and finically stable. My stepmom and dad have been wonderful. Stepmom is a bit overbearing sometimes and gets on my nerves as does my 17 y/o sister. I am grateful to have the love and help from my family. Every single one of them adores my son! I couldn't ask for a more loving family!

I do wish that I had been more responsible. I see all the bumpies with pictures of their families and it makes me jealous and sad. But I figure everything happens for a reason.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I post on a few different boards. I am engaged now but still a "single mom". I feel that I can relate to sooo many of the ladies on SP due to what I went through with my ExH.
    TTC#2 with my hero, my inspiration, my United States Marine! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi! I'm fairly new and don't get the chance to come around regularly,  but I'm out here! My DS turned 2 in June, I'm divorced as of last year and XH has moved an hour and a half away with his GF and her kids. He sees DS one weekend a month, I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be even less often as he and his GF are having a baby next Friday. I work full time and commute so DS is in daycare and doing great. Hope I can pop in here more often!
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"