November 2011 Moms
Options

Any other LO's biting?

My little guy keeps biting me.  I have been telling him No or No Biting firmly and will usually set him down or walk away for a little while after he bites me.  I have also tried crying afterwards so that he knows that it hurts.  Does anyone else have any ideas of what to do to make him realize that he does not bite?  Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any other LO's biting?

• Options
    My DS bites my bare skin, and we also got told that he bit another kiddo at daycare.  I shriek really loudly when he does it and that startles him.  I'm not sure what else to do.
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    Mine does buy only when he is hungry and isn't fed pretty much right away. I usually tell him a firm no and set him down and walk away. He sometimes cries a little but I know he understands that he has done something wrong
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My lil man has bit me while I'm nursing him and when we saw the lacatition sp? She told me to say no biting firmly and enough toscare him... sometimes I've done like pp's have done, I put him done for a few mins and then try again. He also bites dh and I's legs or tries to bite ourtoes too D:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS has bitten a couple of times. When he was doing it, he was teething and I was holding him without anything he could chew on. I would pre-empt his biting with reminding him him not to bite (not sure if it made much of a difference, but he stopped what he was doing to look at me). GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh my poor nipples... 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Children of this age can't be disciplined. They don't understand the word No. You can say it until you are blue in the face, but it won't get through right now. Try redirecting, and also, if the biting is because of teething, which at this age it normally is, try giving your child teething toys so that they can bite to get relief and not hurt anyone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"