Secondary IF
Options

Can I ask you something?

Hi, I'm new here. I've lurked for a long time but only now feel ready to jump in. I'm hoping to get some feedback from others who know this path and can share their experience.

Quick background: I'm 36, have a 2 year old, conceived naturally after 2 months without any assistance.

Fast forward to now: been trying for 15 months, and finally went to RE 6 months ago. Since then:

- had full blood workup (excluding AMH), nothing bad about my results, was told everything was normal

- had the HSG which showed a potential blockage on one side

- had hysteroscopy to clean up polyps

- tried 4 months of Clomid had anywhere from 5 to 8 follicles each month, no BFPs, 2 months with ovidrel, 2 w/o

- 1 month Femara with ovidrel, had 4 follicles, am in 2ww now

- just got AMH results yesterday, AMH is .75

- husband had semen analysis, showed low concentration (12million?)

- no known ovulation issue, always had positives with OPK prior to RE

Now that we have the AMH results the RE is pushing for IVF. What do you ladies think? Is this the logical next step? I have low AMH but have had a great response to all drugs so far. We would like an IUI before IVF. Please help with any advise you may have to offer and I hope to return the favor soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since June 2011
Dx: low AMH, potentially blocked tube
April-May cycles 50mg Clomid: BFN
June-July cycles 50mg Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone: BFN
Aug cycle 7.5mg Letrozole + Ovidrel + Progesterone: BFN
Sept cycle 100mg Clomid + Follistim + Progesterone: BFN
Oct cycle Clomid + Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI: ?????

Re: Can I ask you something?

• Options
    My AMH. Is. 7. I'm 38. If you husband has issues I'd try iui. That is our plan next month. I can relate to your story. DD conceived month 1, 2nd pregnancy month 1 but miscarriage. 3rd Pregnancy month 9, miscarriage. Now we are on month 6. I'm on femera.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Very similar. Thanks for sharing. I haven't had any miscarriages yet and I'm not sure what to think of that. I've just had nothing since we began trying. We are having another consult with the RE soon to discuss how to continue treatment. I'm thinking about a 2nd opinion. I started here to see if anyone had a similar situation.

What did your Dr. say about the AMH?

TTC #2 since June 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My Dr said given my age it was not unusual. She did say I do not have a lot of time left and I had to begin treatment.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't see why you couldn't at least try IUI for a few cycles.  If that is what you want be sure to discuss it with your RE.  If they don't want to let you try be sure to find out why.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would do the Clomid or Femara with monitoring and a trigger (for accurate timing) and an IUI. 12 mil while low for "baby dancing" is right around the number per IUI vile when you use donor sperm. I think an IUI would be very helpful...but I would do the monitoring and trigger as perfect timing is VERY important. Good luck.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    We don't want to rush into IVF as I figure a few more months of at least trying the IUI can't hurt anything. We just haven't wrapped our heads around the idea of the cost of the IVF, our insurance won't cover, and the possibility it won't work. But I'm worried at the consultation we will be told it's our only hope.

TTC #2 since June 2011
  • Options

imageTripMomma:
    I would do the Clomid or Femara with monitoring and a trigger (for accurate timing) and an IUI. 12 mil while low for "baby dancing" is right around the number per IUI vile when you use donor sperm. I think an IUI would be very helpful...but I would do the monitoring and trigger as perfect timing is VERY important. Good luck.

We have been doing /monitoring/trigger/TI for the past 3 cycles so I would assume we would continue that but add IUI next time. I'm also doing progesterone supps. But that's good info about the 12 million not being too low for IUI.

TTC #2 since June 2011
  • Options
    I would agree with you.  i am 31 and have an AMH of .75 as well, so prematurely aging ovaries are my problem. :(  our RE suggested starting with IUI before moving on to IVF.  And in my opinion, the less invasive the better!   
    Baby #1 born March 2010 TTC baby #2 since July 2011 DX: low AMH, prematurely aging ovaries
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"