Pregnant after 35

Had my amnio yesterday...

The procedure was so quick.   We chose a major hospital MFM practice with m/c rates less than 1:1000.  The doctor I chose has stats even lower than that.  

Anyway, now we wait the 7-10 days for results.  I am already on pins and needles.  Please send positive thoughts our way :) 

image">

image"">
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Had my amnio yesterday...

• Hooray for being done - what a relief! Now rest up and try not to think about it tooooo hard. I did pretty well until 2 days before the results, and then I started to harass my genetics counselor just a bit. 

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! I did some hippie stuff like positive affirmations while I was waiting just so I wouldn't start getting too nervous. You can look them up online if that's up your alley.

ttc since 2/2010 ~
    me (36): Hypothyroid (on Levothroid), low vit. d, borderline/high fsh (day 3: between 7-10) (day 10: 13 during CCCT), AFC: 14
    dh (31): awesome (minus one sample with agglutination)
    Diagnosis:possible DOR and/or unexplained + elevated NK cells + MTHFR (C677T - one copy)

MAY 2011 - FEB 2012 - 3 injectable IUI's with numerous cancellations due to high TSH levels
    MAY 2012 - onto IVF/ICSI (Antagonist Protocol) on BCP and Folgard (3 week delay - cyst - boooo) 5/21 start stims 5/30 ER 11R 8M 3F 6/2 3DT of 3 6/12 Beta #1 83 | 6/14 Beta #2 196 | 6/21 Beta #3 3818 | 6/28 Beta #4 22,213 | 7/2 1st U/S - 2 on board! 8/24 CVS reveals that we have a boy AND a girl on board!

Healthy baby boy and girl born in February, 2013 at 38 weeks and 2 days!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Fingers crossed for excellent results!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh the waiting is the worst! Good luck and sending lots and lots of positive thoughts your way. 

When I finally got my results 8 days later the genetic counselor started by going into this long spiel with all her disclaimers and I felt like saying spit it out already! Thankfully all was fine.

T&P for you and baby!

• Thank you to all 3 of you.  Much appreciated :)
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Fingers crossed for you! That wait is horrible, just distract yourself as much as possible. I was fine until the last two days and then the stress kicked in and I was a mean mean mean woman to everyone around me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"