Natural Birth

New here!!!

Hi everyone my name is Ashley and I'm due with my first on 10/18.  I've been doing a lot of research lately and have decided that a natural birth is the direction I think I would like to go. Aside from the pain I have heard nothing but great and beneficial things for both mom and baby. I have been met with negative reactions so I'm hoping this board can give me some strength to go through with it.

So I am kinda interested in Hyponobirthing but I'm sort of lost on where to start.  So I was helping you ladies can suggest some reading materials and CDs/songs I can add to my iPod to start this process.  Also if anyone has any stories on their experience that would be great.  Thanks again ladies!!!! 

Anniversary

Re: New here!!!

• Welcome!  This is a great board full of supportive women, I'm glad you found us!

I did Hypnobirthing with DD and will with this baby as well.  DD's birth was an incredible experience and I attribute that in large part to Hypnobirthing   .  

Have you looked into signing up for a class?  Hypnobirthing is not meant to be done as a self-study course.  The book and CDs are great, but not intended as a stand alone.  If you are not interested in a class or don't have one nearby you might consider Hypnobabies a home-study course.  I have heard good things about that.  

Feel free to PM me if you would like to read my full birth story! 

• Thanks so much for your reply.  I did find a class near me today and signed up and I am very excited to learn the process and prepare for an unmedicated birth.  Thanks again.
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • How exciting! Hypnobabies was so awesome for me during my first labor. I'm so glad you found a class near you! I had a water birth with my first and I highly recommend it... it is so relaxing.
  • Hi there, and welcome.

I only read the hypnobirthing book with my second pregnancy. and although I didn't follow the whole routine I took lots of useful ideas away from it.

I've had two wonderful natural births and wouldn't choose to do it any otherway.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and wishing you well for your upcoming birth. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"