Babies on the Brain
Options

I'm ready for another but husband says no

I am a 26 and a mother of a beautiful 18 month old named Aiden. My husband is older than me and in his 40s. He has previously had children who are all grown with thier own families. We have been married for 2 years but together for 3 plus. I always thought we would have more than one child. We always talked about another and even planned to start trying. I was diagnosed with Celiac about 6 months ago and was told to wait 6 months before trying to have another. I just recently got my blood results back saying that everything is under control. I told my husband and asked when we could start trying for another. Out of the blue he says no. he told me he was planning on getting the cut, and solidifying the fact we wont have another. after a weeks worth of tears and begging he is reconsidering, but im not sure he is going to budge. I am so lost on what to do. I love him a ton, but i dont know what to do. i feel like something is missing from my life and i feel like i need to have another. I want my son to have a sibling and have some one to grow up with. Anyone have any advice. Ive even thought of leaving him to see if my future would hold something different, but i dont really want this! 

Re: I'm ready for another but husband says no

• Options
    What a tough situation!  I'm sorry you're going through this.  I don't have any real advice to give.  Do you know why he changed his mind?  Does he understand how upset you are, and that you'd even consider leaving him if he does this?  Good luck!
  • Options

Have you asked him why he doesn't want another child? 
    You also need to (calmly) explain to him why having another child is so important to you.

BTW, when you are explaining it to him don't say you want your son to have a sibling.  Say you want him to have a sibling closer to his own age.  If your husband has adult children then your son does have siblings.  Granted they are fully grown, but they are still his siblings.  Your husband may take offense if you act like his kids don't count. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejoanithegreat:

You also need to (calmly) explain to him why having another child is so important to you.

This for sure!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    imagejoanithegreat:

BTW, when you are explaining it to him don't say you want your son to have a sibling.  Say you want him to have a sibling closer to his own age.  If your husband has adult children then your son does have siblings.  Granted they are fully grown, but they are still his siblings.  Your husband may take offense if you act like his kids don't count. 

This.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • Options
    imagejoanithegreat:

Yes this, exactly. 

Me 30, DH 34
    Met 12-2008, Married 05-2010, TTC 08-2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options
    imagemegoroar21:
    imagejoanithegreat:

Yes this, exactly. 

Tritto.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejoanithegreat:

This! 

m/c 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"