Baby Showers
Options

Registry ?

What is everyone putting on their registries? Are you putting only the more expensive things like strollers, pack n plays, and swings? Or are you also putting things like bottles, wipes, and diaper cream? What about gift cards? I would really like to register for a bunch of gift cards , but maybe that?s tacky.

Re: Registry ?

• Options

I put just about everything on mine. Big items like strollers, pack n play, swings - and smaller things like bottles, soothers, baby tub, diaper rash cream. I wanted to give a wide range of prices so there is something for everyone. My family keeps telling me I don't have enough on there (I have a big family and expect a big turnout at my shower) and I don't know what else I could possibly put!

My registries have a box that you check to allow gift cards to be sent. I checked it, but didn't specifically ask for them. I would love it if I got a few!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Plain and simple - we registered for things we need. That includes everything from nuks to diapers to a swing. Price wise it is a very broad list. We agreed that if in the end nothing on our registry was purchased it would all be things that we would buy ourselves.

We also checked the box to allow gift cards, but I wouldn't go out of my way to register for specific ones (like the ones located at the check-out)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We purchased our furniture, bedding, and crib mattress and then registered for everything that we thought we would need - ranging in price from $5 to $180 - includes all the bath toys, accessories, soaps, blankets, car seats, swings, high chairs, etc.  Once the shower is over then we will be able to use the registry completion to buy things ourselves and keep track of what we have/don't have.

We also didn't register for clothes because i expect that we will get them anyway and personally i think people like to pick out the outfits they like to give (i know i do).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Registering specifically for gift cards is as tacky as telling someone "cash only please".  Gift cards aren't some new fad. If someone wants to get you one, they will. They don't need to be told. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    I registered for everything we need ranging from $3 up to $300.  I partly did it for me to have a shopping list once the shower was over.  That way I can use the completion discount to buy what we didn't receive as gifts.  Plus a large group, such as coworkers, might want to pitch in and buy one of the more expensive items.  You never know!  On the registry, I did check the box marked "gift cards appreciated".  And on Amazon.com's registry, you have to actually register for an amazon gift card.  I did that too.
  • Options
    We are doing both. I know close family (moms, aunts) will want to buy some of the bigger stuff, while some people like buying a bunch of little things and making a gift basket out of it. It's probably best to have things in everyone's price range.
  • Options
    tacky! you might as well write "cash wanted"  if people want to get you a gift card then they will.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"