June 2012 Moms
Options

swimming

At what age will you take LO swimming? I worry about excessive chlorine
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: swimming

• Options
    Our local rec centre starts swimming lessons at 3 months. Adelaide's first lessons are on Sept 24. She will be 16 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I worry about the same thing! I have taken him in a chlorinated family pool but only for a little bit. I cant wait to go swimming. Id say 4-6 months but itll be cold here by then. We might get a pool trip in before next spring.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took DD at around 4 or 5 months.  She was born in Feb. and went swimming that June or July.  I wanted to wait until she had head control.  My friend said our pedi told her at the two month appointment that she could take her DD but to be careful about the sun.  You should not use sun screen until they are 6 months old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    we have an indoor pool in our building, but it heavily chlorinated, that's why I am concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    You need to be 4 months to start them at the pool near where we live, so I will probably wait and take him when a new session starts up after Christmas. He'll be 7 months then. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    We started DS in swimming classes at 6 months.  He LOVED it and we always gave him a bath to get all of the chlorine off him when we got home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our Y requires lo to be 6 months.
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing. my y starts at 4 months. my DS hates taking baths so i dont know if he will like the pool. i think ill wait a little bit, even if i hate it. i didnt go swimming at all this summer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I asked our Dr last week about this. She said the concern would be making surehe wasn't too hot or cold. She said as long as he was fine temperature wise, that it should be fine. She said she had never heard of a baby having issues with the chlorine. We haven't taken him in yet though

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"