Maryland Babies

Hello Again-a reintroduction and help finding a pedi

I know I've done this before and each time promise to post more and never do but alas here I am once again! I've been around since 2008 on the knot. I'm from Maryland and my husband and I got married here but we've been living in NYC. My husband just recently got the green light to work out of the DC office and so now I find myself living at home with my parents! (TEMPORARILY!!!) We have a 5 month old daughter.  I'm excited to be close to my family but am missing the city life A LOT.  We're thinking we might rent for a while in DC to help ease the transition.

I feel like I know a lot of you girls and have always thought this was a great board and can't believe I might be able to meet some of you gals IRL. Not sure how the whole playdate thing works but would love to be a part of the next one.

I was kind of holding off on finding a pediatrician till we figured out exactly where we would be living but when I called to try to set up a consultation they couldn't fit me in till October and started freaking out. I don't want to get behind on shots and that sort of thing so figured I'd better find a pediatrician sooner rather than later. We're  looking for a pediatrician in Hanover or in the surrounding areas-Columbia, Ellicott City...  A friend of a friend recommended Dr. Anthony at Klebanow and Associates. I came across an old bump post where some folks recommended Dr. Alexander at the same practice but not sure which one. There seems to be two. I wanted to check to see if we could get in earlier with another doctor. But any recommendations would be great-looking for a warm doctor that doesn't rush you and takes time to talk through all my first-mom worries.

scrunched up face

Re: Hello Again-a reintroduction and help finding a pedi

• We go to The Pediatric Center in Catonsville (they also have an office in Columbia off of 1080 and we see Dr. Chang. He's a young doctor, but I really like him. I have seen other doctors in the practice and they all have been good.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Dr Mailander at Parnes, May, McKay and Associates in Ellicott City is awesome. She is super nice and has no problem taking her time to discuss any issues or questions. She has eased my mind many times with the kids. Another doctor in the same practice is Dr Lee. We've only met her once for a sick visit but she was nice as well and took her time. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Alot of ladies on here use Annapolis Pediatrics - they have a Waugh Chapel Office which is Gambrills - not far from hanover . They also have an annapolis office and Arnold office . I am usually always seen same day for sick appointments . We use Dr Dana Kim @ Waugh Chapel .

Welcome ! I am a NYC transplant - grew up in Queens and many others on this board have lived there as well . 

Good Luck 

• Hi! I live in Columbia and my son Daniel's pediatrician is wonderful!  Dr. Zaneb Beams has cared for Daniel since he was 24 hours old.  She caring, warm, patient with first-time moms' questions. She is a mom of 3 herself.  She fully explains everything during office visits, growth, immunizations.  Daniel adores her!

You can reach Dr. Beams at 410-964-9033 or zbeams@gmail.com

Andrea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"