Military Families
Options

Upcoming Deployment, stressing me out!

Hi ladies! While I've been through deployments before with 2 small children, and then again with 3, I've never been through a deployment pregnant. He has field almost all of September, then deploys to Bahrain (sp?) in October, and will be gone until our baby is about 6 months old. I'm 14 weeks pregnant, and due February 21. I do not live on base, I have no family on this side of the country, am high risk, and just freaking out! I've never been through a pregnancy by myself before. Any advice is welcome.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Upcoming Deployment, stressing me out!

• Options
    The thing is, I'm also interning the next town over from Bliss. So right now, we're living off base, and driving 45 minutes back and forth for FRG is just too much for me right now. The doctor has limited my travel, and is threatening bed rest, so moving closer to family isn't an option. I just don't know what to do! Thank you though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be delivering without my husband in January. Have you looked into Operation Special Delivery? If you go to their site, you can read more, then you can go to Doulas.com and you can find volunteer doulas who will work at no cost with you during your pregnancy and delivery, some are even lactation consultants. We're going to be interviewing some next week. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you so much! That sounds like a great idea! I'll definitely look into it. :-) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hey, I'm sorry you are going through all of this.  

Operation Doula is a great suggestion.  Do you go to church?  Where we live the churches do a lot to reach out to military families especially while they are going through deployment.  If going home is not an option, think of other ways to reach out to your community and get connected.  Is there a Mom's group or playgroup you can join?  What about the YMCA?  Maybe at some point your family can come visit you to help you out.

Some of what you are saying doesn't add up, and I think it is just because you are so stressed.  If your Dr is threatening bed rest, why are you interning somewhere?  Have you taken on too much right now?  

Since you've been through deployments before, you may feel differently, but I think in some ways the lead up to deployments is worse than when they are actually gone.  There are so many things to get done, so many last things to take care of and just time you'd like to spend together.  Then he's gone training all the time.  Make lists, make plans, and don't forget to try and take just a few minutes every day for yourself where you can relax with a cup of tea or just breathe.  You've done this before, you're strong, you can get through this!  ::hugs::

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thank you for all of the suggestions ladies! Go figure, as soon as I start planning and getting into groups that can help, his doctor recommends him for Med board. Since he is med boarding out, he isn't deploying! Yay!!! Now we just need to figure out what is next. I am so thrilled that he will be here when LO is born! :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"