Tennessee Babies

Fort Sanders OBGYN Group

I am 31 weeks pregnant right now, and will be delivering at Fort Sanders (downtown) in Knoxville. I am a FTM and have taken the childbirth class and done the tour of the L&D floor. I am just nervous, because I have seen every Dr. in the practice, and I'm OK with whoever is on call when I go into labor... just wondering if anyone has a personal experience with any of these Dr.'s delivering their babies? I know different doctors do different things, and I'd like to gain all of the knowledge I can about how they are in L&D compared to when I see them on regular office visits. I really love Dr. Haney-Weaver and Dr. Himebaugh. They are all wonderful doctors though, and I would be ok with any of them delivering me.
Started TTC in February 2010
BFP #1
  3.23.11 :: Natural M/C on 5.21.11 @ 12wk4d
BFP #2  2.17.12 :: EDD 10.28.12 :: Ava was born 11.2.12

BFP #3  1.31.14 :: Natural M/C on 3.10.14 @ 9wk2d

BFP #4  4.29.14 :: Natural M/C on 5.5.14 @ ?

New Beginnings: Our Journey into Parenthood (Blog)

imageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Fort Sanders OBGYN Group

• mkwtmkwt member
    My doctor is Dr. Broady, I LOVE HIM!!!   He is wonderful, he delivered my DD via emergency c-section, he was not on call, he came in personally to deliver my DD.  I have a good experience with him and Dr. Saunders.
  • Yes I really like Dr. Broady too. I haven't seen him yet during this pregnancy, but he is the Dr. I saw right after my m/c last year. He had a wonderful bedside manner and was very compassionate towards us. His nurse was a sweetheart too. Thanks for the info! Glad to know there are Dr.s who aren't on call that will come in for you!
    BFP #1

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Dr. Shine delivered my first baby and I loved her.  Where I was too afraid to tell my family to leave me alone, she was the bad guy for me and made them all get out :) lol!  She was a really amazing doctor!
  • image2ndTimeMomma6709:
    Dr. Shine delivered my first baby and I loved her.  Where I was too afraid to tell my family to leave me alone, she was the bad guy for me and made them all get out :) lol!  She was a really amazing doctor!

I like Dr. Shine. She is very forward, straight to the point and doesn't waste any time. She seems like one who would just play the bad guy, lol. I heard there were a few who just do things even when not being told to... I'm worried she would be one to just cut the cord and not ask if DH would want to do it or not. Was she pushy or did she kind of let you do what you wanted?

BFP #1

imageimage

• I have seen Dr Shine for all of my appointments except one so far and absolutely love her. She tells you exactly what you need to know. My DH was in the room with me and she was asking him questions and answering all the ones he had for her. She was very good with him and although I have not seen many of the other Drs I think she would do great in delivery!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"