TTC after 35

Turned down for shared risk program...

Looks like hubby and will be doing IVF out-of-pocket. Of course, the fact that I was rejected pretty much says to me that the doctors aren't too optimistic about my chances. He said they are "average" - not great, but not horrible. My FSH was high and my AmH was low at 3.81. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's not working. words of encouragement would be much appreciated about now.

Re: Turned down for shared risk program...

• I am so sorry. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • that stinks!  but don't let them get you down.  they probably just had a relative or friend of a friend that they had to give the spot to.  it might not have anything at all to do with your numbers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't let it get you down. I hear some of those shared risk programs have strict guidelines that are darn near impossible to pass.

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for the posts, everyone.

Feeling a little more hopeful today because I got a piece of potentially good news. It appears my husband's insurance (we have separate health policies) will cover 90% of the total cost of infertility treatment, to a maximum of $100,000! I don't know why we never looked into it before, but since my *high-tier* plan doesn't cover any of it, I guess we both just assumed his didn't either.

The only catch is, I couldn't get on his plan until January, which pushes the procedure off two more months from our current schedule - a bit risky considering I'm 37 and don't have time to waste. Waiting to hear from my doc to get his take on it. I could pay for the pre-meds out of pocket beforehand and do the implantation in January, at which time the insurance would kick in, but I have to see if the clinic will go for it. They usually require that you pay everything at the time you get the meds.

BTW, I misstated my anti-mullerian hormone level in my first post: it's .381, not 3.81. Not good at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"