September 2012 Moms

What does baby wear under Halo sleep sack?

I was just wondering this as I was washing a few sleep sacks I've received.

I've got two fleece ones and two cotton ones. I figured I start with the fleece ones if it is cool outside, but I still can't imagine baby wearing anything more than a short-sleeved cotton oneies inside a fleece sack...wouldn't she get too hot?

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
Little Sprout Blog

Re: What does baby wear under Halo sleep sack?

• Depends on how cool you keep it at night. I put ds in a cotton sleeper with a fleece sleep sack in the winter. He never got too hot! Once it started warming up, I put him in a onesie and fleece sleep sack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I supposed I should remember what it was like to sleep before I turned into a giant furnace! Right now we keep the house around 70 degrees and I sleep in my DHs boxers and a tank top with no covers at all!! I'm guessing the baby will need a little more coverage than that...ha ha.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Loading the player...
  • My nearly 11months old currently sleeps in a light cotton sleepsack and a long sleeved onsie with no legs (crawler? Romper? Whatever they are called). While the days are hot, it cools down at night and we keep the house at 73 - which gave him cold arms, and he did not like that. 

For a newborn, I would probably do the same at this point. During the winter months, he slept in a fleecy footed sleeper and the thicker winter sleepsack. It also really depends on the baby. My niece (4month) sleeps in fleece right now. She gets cold easily and the keep the house at73 as well. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with PP. Just pay attention to how your baby reacts and if LOs skin feels hot or cold. Every baby is different and some will regulate their body temp better than others.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • Also, if you can, maybe you wanna swaddle in the beginning anyways? My kid hated swaddles with a passion, but some kids love it, they sleep better as they don't startle awake and so on....just something to think about...it would be one more thing to wean off later on, though. Just throwing it out there. We were rocking sleep sacks from day 5 on and loving it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It depends!  Could be a footed sleeper, could be a onesie.  Or a combo. 

My house is cold and drafty in the winter. There were times when I put my girls in a onesie undershirt, a fleece sleeper, and a fleece sleep sack.  And they were not too hot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD1 - july 2008
    DD2 - may 2010
    DS - sept 2012
  • Depends on the season and the baby. DS sometimes wore just a onesie, but there were plenty of times he wore a cotton sleeper underneath.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Depends on the temp...usually either a onsie or footed sleeper.

• With DD, we just had her in a diaper underneath, but we used the ones with swaddle, so she was totally covered.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"