Special Needs

MRI- he'll be ok right?

I'm sorry to post about this when I know some of you are dealing with much bigger issues. I just need to get this all out.

DS started to fall a lot on Tuesday last week. Being the awesome mom that I am, I took him to daycare and gave him a hug. He was falling over every few steps and vomitted once. I took him to an ENT (since I work there) and they found no fever, no fluid, no infection. ENT called pedi who said to watch it until the next day. DS has been falling over ever since. This weekend it got better, but it's still happening more than normal. Friday I went a little mom bear on the pedi. He sent DS for an eye exam. When that came back normal, he ordered an MRI. I read your FAQ on MRIs which was great. I guess I'm still a little worried. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Re: MRI- he'll be ok right?

• I have never been through specifically what you're going through, but we have been through an MRI and we will be going through another one. The MRI itself was not bad, it was just not fun getting her IV. Waiting for the results was terrible, but I just tried to stay busy since it took a few days. Good for you for sticking with your gut and pushing them to look into it. No one knows your child like you do. I hope all goes well.
  • Would he know how to tell you if he was dizzy?  Might be a longshot but what you're describing happened to both my parents - and it turned out to be nothing but vertigo.  They both started running into things at first and then one day my dad just fell while taking out the trash and then started vomiting (from the dizziness).  He went to the ENT and everything checked out and had an MRI done - everything checked out fine too.

Occasionally he still gets it but it's a little more dangerous now that he's elderly when a fall isn't as simple as getting up and laughing it off.  Hopefully it's something minor with your little guy.

And yes, you ARE an awesome mom!   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagemalcivar:

Would he know how to tell you if he was dizzy?  Might be a longshot but what you're describing happened to both my parents - and it turned out to be nothing but vertigo.  They both started running into things at first and then one day my dad just fell while taking out the trash and then started vomiting (from the dizziness).  He went to the ENT and everything checked out and had an MRI done - everything checked out fine too.

Occasionally he still gets it but it's a little more dangerous now that he's elderly when a fall isn't as simple as getting up and laughing it off.  Hopefully it's something minor with your little guy.

And yes, you ARE an awesome mom!   

First of all, thanks.

I work for an ENT so I brought him in here thinking it was either fluid in his ears or something like that. Both doctors said it was odd. One is the "expert" in vertigo and he recommended the MRI. I'm also hoping it goes away. I just don't want to wait too long if there is something wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"