Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Quick Breakfast recipes/ideas

I work full-time and LO starts Pre-school in less than a month. I never make breakfast for her during the week because up until now she has been with my mom who makes breakfast for her. I need some quick breakfast recipes, preferably ones that can be made in advance so we can eat quickly in the morning. I usually have yogurt or oatmeal at work so I've never been a cook in the mornings :/.

Re: Quick Breakfast recipes/ideas

• Options

My DD's new favorite thing is smoothies. I make a batch (yogurt, frozen fruit, whatever fresh fruit I have in the house and sometimes silken tofu) and then freeze them in Ball freezer containers. They're plastic and can obviously go in the freezer. The night before, I put one in the fridge and it's just thawed enough by morning. For some reason, she'll eat way more smoothie than plain ole yogurt. Works for me!

Otherwise, she's a carb girl in the mornings. I premake pancakes and waffles and freeze them (after they've cooled) in gallon size Ziplocs. I microwave the pancakes and put the waffles in the toaster just like an Eggo. I usually do a little bit of fruit on the side, or have her dip them in yogurt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't usually cook in the mornings...DS eats waffles, pancakes (the frozen ones that go in the toaster), yogurt, cereal, fruit.  He does want eggs sometimes, I scramble an egg and pop it in the microwave for a minute.  It takes less than 5 minutes to get breakfast made.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebrightning:

My DD's new favorite thing is smoothies. I make a batch (yogurt, frozen fruit, whatever fresh fruit I have in the house and sometimes silken tofu) and then freeze them in Ball freezer containers. They're plastic and can obviously go in the freezer. The night before, I put one in the fridge and it's just thawed enough by morning. For some reason, she'll eat way more smoothie than plain ole yogurt. Works for me!

Otherwise, she's a carb girl in the mornings. I premake pancakes and waffles and freeze them (after they've cooled) in gallon size Ziplocs. I microwave the pancakes and put the waffles in the toaster just like an Eggo. I usually do a little bit of fruit on the side, or have her dip them in yogurt.

I was going to post almost the exact same thing.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Scrambles eggs, turkey bacon and a slice of toast (with a side of fruit)

Pancakes & fruit

French toast and yogurt

Biscuit & eggs (with fruit)

DS is a HUGE breakfast eater and loves for me to cook breakfast.   I usually prep things the night before.  Like if I am making pancakes I get the mixing bowl, measuring cups (fill a measuring cup with milk and measure out the flour,act) and get the eggs ready.  Have the pan & spatula out and so I just grab really quick what I need from the fridge and start breakfast.  I even go as far as prepping a his sippy, plate and fork the night before.  I cut up fresh fruit every few days to have on hand to toss on his plate.

April 2009
  • Options
    DS loves yogurt, granola, and fruit in the mornings.
    m/c 2013
  • Options

DD has breakfast in the car most of the time, normally a plain toaster waffle and a cup of milk.  Sometimes we switch it up - and have a bagel thin (plain or w/ peanut butter), cinnamon swirl bread, and/or a banana.  On occassion, if she's feeling very feisty, I'll offer (or she'll ask for) some Pirates Booty or pretzels - and I'm OK with that on a very occassional basis. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"