March 2012 Moms
Options

Teething h*ll...DD is seriously cranky!

Z has been incredibly fussy ALL day long!!

He's cutting teeth, already has one sharp little sucker on the bottom, and suddenly he's got TWO really mean boys coming in on top!

Anyone else's LO teething an SUPER cranky? Any tips??

A neighbor told me to get a dozen eggs and the first egg he touches, put it in one of his socks and hang it above the door that he goes in and out of the MOST, She swears that her kids cut teeth with no crankiness, no diarrhea, no fever or anything.... I have my doubts!

Anyone else heard of this?? 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Teething h*ll...DD is seriously cranky!

• Options
    Oh my, that sounds awful, I'm sorry. As for the egg thing, never heard of it. It made me laugh! Sounds like something some poor mama came up with while at her wits end dealing with a fussy teething baby.
  • Options

Please don't be offended, but that could be the silliest thing I've ever heard!  I never did anything like that and DD1 wasn't cranky etc when she teethed.  I'd like to take credit for all the awesome things that have happened, or that she has done, but I really think that we get what we get kid-wise.  I'd love to say I did everything right, and that's why she's always been a great sleeper, and she never fussed when teething, and potty-trained herself at 2 years 3 months, but in reality it's just how she's programed. 

I'm sorry you're got a crab on your hands.  It's no fun when you can't fix all your babies problems! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD is doing this too...she has 2 big bumps on top, nothings coming thru yet.  I just want them to get thru!  She wakes up like 3 times a night...she used to STTN! Ugh.  My MIL told me to take calcium.  Not sure that will help, but who knows!  I don't have any in the house, and I sure intend to try.  Honestly, I have my doubts, but most of the stuff she's suggested has worked so far (the last one was to drink fennel tea to help DD's cranky evenings.  It worked!).  

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Camilia. I don't like giving DD Tylenol often and it's the only "natural" teething remedy that has made a damn bit of difference.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We have an amber necklace, and that seems to be helping. Also, frozen things for them to suck on... like a wet cloth, big fruit slices (peach, strawberry, melon, etc), or teething toys made specifically to be frozen. Cool cucumber sticks have been good too... and really just any teething toy that has some give to it so that your LO can really gnaw on it.

Good luck! Teething is tough, but those things I mentioned have really proved useful :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Orajel! I only use it when I'm desperate but if I put a tiny drop on my finger and put it right over the tooth bump, within seconds Connor is happy and smiling.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                    Anniversary
  • Options
    Terrible! So little to have so many teeth!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options

imagesalt78:
    Camilia. I don't like giving DD Tylenol often and it's the only "natural" teething remedy that has made a damn bit of difference.

This exactly! We use gentle naturals homeopathic teething drops. Its mainy chamomile, and really helps DD ... Our doc said to never use orajel, it has many side effects.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Im right there with you! I just bought some natural gel and it did NOTHING. I have natural tablets Ill try and if all else fails tylenol on the really rough nights

I was told to stay far away from orajel too

Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
  • Options
    Hyland teething tablets are fantastic, we only give him one at a time not the 2 or 3 sugested and on a bad day he might get another one shortly after if its just not helping........other than that a shaved carrot to chew on but he wasnt overly interested in that.  He has teething toys but really has very little interest in them either.. he would rather chew on his hard toys, hands, my hands, receiving blankets and his paddington.  He has had tylenol maybe 2 or 3 times tops and that was purely last straw remedy at his worst moments.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"