Preemies
Options

Introduction- late preterm

Alexis Grace made her appearance almost 4 weeks early @ 36w 2 d via an emergency c-section after my plactenta started tearing.  She was a big girl @ 7lbs 6 oz and 20 in long but did have to be transferred to the NICU because she was having trouble breathing and was "grunting".

My dr was amazing and released me from the hospital after 36 hours to go be with my LO.  She quickly got past the breathing issues and was removed from oxygen at 3 days and the IV at 4 days but started having trouble eating.  We are now struggling with her learning to eat (I guess? I'm still lost) We have been spending time to try to feed her what she will take but she tires easily and the rest has to be given by her feeding tube.  I am hoping to talk to her peditrician tomorrow and get a better idea of what to expect and how we can help her to learn to eat. 

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."

Re: Introduction- late preterm

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your little girl. My youngest was born at 34w5d and it took her almost a week to learn to eat. Praying that your LO gets it soon and you can bring her home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"