Single Parents
Options

Drafting a custody agreement?

Hey Ladies- I have the FUN task of doing this and was wondering if you have any tips/links/were willing to share your experience.(Extra points if you were a SAHM prior to being a single mom and have tips for that transition) Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Drafting a custody agreement?

• Options

I would honestly say that it has to do with how you feel with BD being around LO. Is he a good dad? do you feel comfy leaving LO with him? Should it be supervised? Will he make sure LO is fed and changed? Can you depend on him to get LO to and from safely? If he drinks you can put it in an order he refrain from alcohol when he has LO..do you trust his family?

There are sooo many factors you have to ask yourself and you can't let feelings get in the way because you will eventually get chit on tbh. I've been a single mum for almost 3yrs now (SAHM)..my situation was abusive so I packed up my kids n left after 12yrs. i let my 13yr old son go live with him and what a mistake THAT was. Now I have to fight to bring him home...he keeps feeding a bunch of crap into my sons head making him want to stay with him. But its not a good or safe situation anymore because his and his gf can't keep their hands to themselves and police were called out to their home for the 5th time in like 6 months yesterday. I left so my kids didn't have to see that anymore. It breaks my heart.

Just go with your gut, life is about learning from mistakes. You are doing a good thing letting LO see dad..just try to keep feelings out of it and make sure you get some legal advice. I live in canada, idk where you live but the court house here in ontario has a family law office where you can go and ask questions and get advice. Good luck with everything :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"