New to The Bump
Options

Need some insight plz!

I just started my Provera on Monday and I know after I am done with the last pill(10) I have to call my dr I guess to schedule an appointment before I start the Clomid from days 3-7 while on my period. First off am I getting this right or am I totally confused(i feel like i am) on if I see him before my period and if so what will he do/tell me or do I see him while I am on my period?! Also what exactly does the Clomid do? I am trying to read up on all this but I just get more confused. Can anyone plz help me figure this out?! Thanks :)
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Need some insight plz!

• Options
    I don't have any experience with this, but I'd recommend going to the TTC board. Those ladies know their stuff!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAshleyDG83:
    I don't have any experience with this, but I'd recommend going to the TTC board. Those ladies know their stuff!

Thanks :) Hopefully I dont get attacked by the question lol

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You should call your dr on the first day of full flow. If they want you to come in for bloodwork or an ultrasound they will schedule you at that point. However, if you are under 35 and have not been TTC for 1 year you do NOT need to take the Clomid. Also, you need to clarify with your dr if they will be doing ultrasounds. Many drs will prescribe Clomid because they don't know what else to do, but it is a serious drug. I took 5 rounds of it before finding out that I should have been being monitored. I wasted months taking it and at one point the side effects were so bad I thought I was having a nervous breakdown. I know how stressful TTC can be, even in the first few months...you just want it to happen. Clomid is not a safe shortcut to getting pregnant unless you absolutely need it and are being monitored. 

Here is a link that explains Clomid. Sorry, I can't make it clicky. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000752/

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"