Two Under 2
Options

I'd like to get pregnant, but I'm still breastfeeding.

I've had 2 periods since DD was born and they were really far apart.  I know its probably pretty unlikely that I'll get pregnant while BF. 

Once DD is weaned, I wonder how long it takes to get on a regular cycle again?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'd like to get pregnant, but I'm still breastfeeding.

• Options
    If you're having your period it is quite possible.  I got pregnant when DD was 5 months old and I had only had one period.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got pregnant when DS was only 8 months after having only 2 very spaced out periods. He was exclusively BF. It's definitely possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Another momma hear who got PG while BFing. Though I had had about 4 or 5 (I can't remember right now...) very regular cycles when a very irregular cycle came out of nowhere and helped along our surprise BFP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    Another momma hear who got PG while BFing. Though I had had about 4 or 5 (I can't remember right now...) very regular cycles when a very irregular cycle came out of nowhere and helped along our surprise BFP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    I got pregnant less than 2 weeks after DD selfweaned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got pg without a period, while EBF (no solids), and DS wasn't close to STTN yet.  It's possible!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I stopped BFing DD2 when she was 8 months, had two periods, and then got pg with DD3, so it didn't take me long to conceive after weaning. I didn't have any periods until I stopped BFing.

• Options
    I got pregnant with # 2 and # 3 while BF and never got my period. So it can definitely happen.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I had 2 short annovulatory (I assume) cycles starting at 8 months and then started getting "real" periods after that. I got pg at 13 months and am still nursing.

I definitely dont think it is unlikely that you can get pg - especially since you have started your pd back.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options

I don't have an answer for your question because I got pregnant while EBF and never had a period.  It is very possible! 

I would recommend charting so that you can pinpoint ovulation and you could always do some OPKs as a backup. 

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options

ummm i got pg while ebfing no AF (ever) and on the mini pill. 

I didn't know I was pg but my supply dropped and I took a test on a whim because I was still hungry after eating a big breakfast (I hate breakfast)

• Options
    I am still BF my 16 month old son and I am 3 months pregnant. We got pregnant on the first try. Good Luck! :)
  • Options

Jumping on the wagon. I'm still breastfeeding my son 80% of his meals and only had one period and am now pregnant.

It's very possible to get pregnant while breastfeeding and I agree with a PP about charting to see when you're ovulating. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm another one who got pregnant while BFing. I had 2 periods, spaced out. 
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

not to be a downer but it depends on you body. you can get pg while bf & never have an af. Or it can take up to 6 months after weaning to start ovulating. Both extreems are normal.

It took 2ish months after completing weaning to get pg and i had a couple full cycles. before that i had a lot of monthly break through bleeding 

Also just fyi, charting isnt as accurate while BF

sorry for typeos: in the dark wth a sleeping baby on one arm

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"