Success after IF
Options

Progesterone/Estrogen Side effects - please tell me if you had this.

Yesterday I found out that I needed both Progesterone and Estrogen supplements.  I am one week into the 2ww.  I also went to the dr. to have my blood pressure pills changed to one that is safer for the baby (hopefully!)

Today I took the new BP med and the hormones.  And I got dizzy, my skin felt tingly, and I feel shaky.  And I felt exhausted.

BP doctor is cutting my dose in half.  RE told me to take the Progesterone vaginally (never even heard of that).  I guess I am just wondering if anyone had these side effects on the progesterone or estrogen.  That way I will know which pill is doing this to me. 

Thank you for any information you can give me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Progesterone/Estrogen Side effects - please tell me if you had this.

• Options
    I've never taken any of those meds but my guess would be the BP meds made you feel that way.  Hopefully the lower dose works for you!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've been on both progesterone injections and progesterone vaginal suppositories as well as the estrogen, and I haven't had those side effects, except for the exhaustion.  I came off the injections and estrogen at 8 wks, but I'm still on the suppositories until 12 wks.  I'd agree with the previous poster that it's more than likely your BP meds. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Progesterone is normally taken as a vaginal supplement in the 2ww.  I had a lot of dizziness when I first started it too.  Went away after about 5 days and I didn't have an issues for following cycles.   Never been on estrogen in the 2ww, but I'm on it now for FET and I don't have any side effects.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    I'm having a little bit of vertigo, but I can't say for sure it's because of the proesterone/estrogen.  I get it occassionally because of my ears, so I think it's likely your bp meds as well.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    I'm pregnant after IVF and I've been on estrogen patches, progesterone injections, and progesterone tablets at some point throughout this pregnancy. The progesterone tablets made me horribly dizzy if I took them in the mornings so I only take them before bed now and I have no problems. BP meds can often make you dizzy as well, so taking them at night can help as well (if it doesn't contain any diuretic). Hope you feel better soon!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was on very high doses of progesterone, taken vaginally, during my first trimesters and always experienced some dizziness.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    I have huge non-bacterial cysts in the areas that I do my shots. They are hard, hot knots and hurt like heck!!! Yesterday I found out that I needed both Progesterone and Estrogen supplements. I am one week into the 2ww. I also went to the dr. to have my blood pressure pills changed to one that is safer for the baby (hopefully!) Today I took the new BP med and the hormones. And I got dizzy, my skin felt tingly, and I feel shaky. And I felt exhausted. BP doctor is cutting my dose in half. RE told me to take the Progesterone vaginally (never even heard of that). I guess I am just wondering if anyone had these side effects on the progesterone or estrogen. That way I will know which pill is doing this to me. Thank you for any information you can give me.
  • Options
    I have huge non-bacterial cysts in the areas that I do my shots. They are hard, hot knots and hurt like heck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"