VBAC
Options

attempting to turn a breech baby at almost 39 weeks? HELP

My OB is trying to convince me this is the way to go although my repeat c section is scheduled for next friday.She feels that if it is successful a VBAC is the way to go.

Im scared and nervous and have some "high risk" issues that she feels will be better managed without the stress of surgery(and recovery) on my body by having another c- section.

Anyone have any experience with this or had it done this late in the game?Im very nervous abt this sudden change of plan so any advice wld be helpful!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: attempting to turn a breech baby at almost 39 weeks? HELP

• Options
    I had my last baby successfully turned by going to a chiropractor for Webster technique around 38wk. I would try that before an external version which I presume is what your OB wants to attempt?
    The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We attempted to turn DD at 38 weeks (external version) and were unsuccessful due to the fact that she was actually footling breech (feet first) which we didn't know ahead of time. The version itself wasn't bad but there are risks to the procedure. Also, my midwife and OB have said they will not attempt a version on someone who has previously had a c-section. According to them, the risks of rupture and other things go up significantly. So, if this baby is breech (not at the moment) I will go straight to the RCS but otherwise attempt a VBAC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had a failed Version at 38W with DD. I had also been going to the chiropractor for a few weeks. 

I think 39w is way too late to turn, I've been told that 38w is late. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options

I think it depends on several factors. Does the baby have the "room" to turn around? Was he at any point head down or always breech?

In my case, baby at no point was head down, did not have room to move, even though I crawled, did all sorts of positions since week 30, homeopathy, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"