Single Parents
Options

Overwhelmed and just need to vent...(sorry its long)

I knew from the beginning that I was going to be a single mother and that going through the pregnancy without the dad and living back with my family was going to be difficult. I was away from the home for 5 years and its not easy going back to being a big sister and daughter...

One thing I was not prepared for in any way shape or form was my mother going back to being a single mom. My mother was supposed to be getting married next month and most everything was purchased and paid for.... well now the wedding is off and there is no chance of it ever being back on. 

I am the oldest of 5 children by 7 years (three teenage girls and one boy: 16,15,14,13) and I had plans to move out with friends as soon as I was physically able to after baby is born but now I feel horrible that my mother has to do this alone again.

To sum up a long scary crazy reason...her fiance was drinking heavily with a friend and an accident happened that resulted in the death in a family pet and an argument broke out and the cops got called not once but twice and a window got broken... so much went wrong that could have been avoided had it been handled differently but it just snowballed. Well now my mom is turning in her 30 day notice and has asked me what my plans are.

Initially I wanted to go to my friends but now that all of this has come up I feel the need to commit to my mother and suck up my differences and as long as we continue to look at this as two grown adults merging two families under one smaller roof then I think we can do it.

I'm just so overwhelmed because now my plans have changed and we will be moving now and with me being pregnant I can only help so much in the packing process as my mother and siblings keep yelling at me when I try to help. The official move will happen when I'm 35 weeks or so and my doctor is thinking she is coming early and I'm worried we won't have things settled enough for her arrival.

The move ties up all of our extra finances and I still don't have things I need for the baby like a crib or car seat or much of the necessities, i.e. diapers and bottles and burp clothes and onsies etc.  (baby shower was fun and she got lots of great things but not many necessities) and I had planned on getting those with my funds over the next month. 

Too boot my car is giving me trouble and doesn't want to work and on top of it all... I got diagnosed with PUPPS and I'm super itchy and can't seem to stop scratching and its causing me to lose sleep since I wake up itchy. 

I know everything will work out in the end because despite how ugly it has gotten it will get better and it always does... I just feel overwhelmed and stressed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Overwhelmed and just need to vent...(sorry its long)

• Options
    don't stress yourself out .. ! your mom obviously loves and cares about you .. you've got a place to stay and people to help you out .. you'll be just fine .. =] as for a crib .. when I moved out BD absolutely INSISTED that he keep our son's crib even though he would never be sleeping there .. but he only wanted it to inconvience me so I wouldn't have a place for our son to sleep .. well .. I ended up bedsharing with my son .. we co-sleep and I couldn't be any happier .. at first I was really nervous about the idea .. but now I wouldn't have it any other way .. I know some are against that .. but just as many are for it .. I guess it's all personal preference .. just a thought for you to consider .. and if you breastfeed, you won't have to worry about bottles or just buy a couple incase you need to pump and somebody else feeds baby .. don't worry about having a lot of clothes .. babies don't care what they wear .. lol ..
    image Visit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"