VBAC

Intro and Question

Hello All,

I had a pretty traumatic  C/S experience with my son and felt like if I had another baby,  I would want to try a VBAC.

I am now 16 weeks pregnant and would like to try a VBAC but I am torn now.  We just moved to WA from GA and we don't know ANYONE.  Both of our families are miles and miles away as well.  Logistically it would be so much easier to schedule a RCS so we could have care lined up for my son.  Otherwise I have no idea what we would do with him when I go into labor.

Any experience?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro and Question

• Have you thought about hiring a doula?  There are some who specialize in postpartum care. Sometimes there are even local doula schools and the doulas have to have "in-field" hours and they will come help you for free.  It seems like that might help fill the gap between the time when you might birth and when family could come help.  It also seems like it will probably be MUCH easier to care for your son if you have a VBAC.  Friends of mine went home with their toddler 12 hours after birth and were just fine.  I'm not sure what options you have for child care for him though if you haven't met anyone there.  Where in Georgia do you live?  Any prospects of folks in your neighborhood or work or something?  I suppose you could also get a nanny you like to be on call for the birth time? Or what about having relatives come to visit in "shifts" starting around 38 weeks?

Maybe you've thought of all of these ideas, but as I am hoping to VBAC too and had a traumatic birth with my first, I'd hate to see logistics get in the way of a better situation for you this time around. Good luck!

• Try Sitter City or Care.com to find an oncall babysitter for when you go into labor. Local mom's groups or churches might be good places to find someone, too.

I don't think lack of familybased childcare should stop you from planning a VBAC. You have plenty of time to figure something out.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • You could go into labor before a scheduled RCS (I went into labor with my son before the RCS would have been scheduled) so it probably makes sense to figure out child care in either instance.  Does your LO go to day care?  You may get lucky and have the baby during day care hours.  That actually happened to me.  Took DD to day care, went to hospital and DH picked her up after the baby wa born.  I have used care.com and had good experiences finding sitters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD born May 25, 2009. DS born June 16, 2011. BFP #3. 10/31/12 EDD July 8, 2013
  • I actually live in WA now, not GA.  My son is in preschool but only 3 mornings a week for 2.5 hours.

I do have time to figure it out but I just wanted some input.  I really do want to try for a VBAC and I think the solution will present itself with time.  I am just nervous about it now that we are all alone out here. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"