August 2012 Moms
Options

Membranes stripped, let's do this!

I know it's a 50/50 shot, but my OB went ahead and stripped my membranes today just to try and get things going. I am 2 cm dilated, 70% effaced and she is hoping I go into labor soon (as am I)!

But if I don't, they scheduled an induction for me on Aug. 30 bright and early at 5 a.m.!!

Does anyone else have a progress update for their 39th week, heading into 40? 

BFP 12/27/11, EDD 8/25/12
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Membranes stripped, let's do this!

• Options

I had my 39w appt. on monday and it was a really depressing appt. for me. That previous thursday I had had strong contractions in the morning, followed by  a weekend of cramping and tons of MP. Sunday afternoon I had about 2-3 hours of hard, painful contractions followed by bloody show starting early monday morning. I thought great! I will have at least progressed since last week!! But nope. Nothing. Not even effaced anymore. And on top of that, I had an afternoon appt. which means I always weigh more and this time it clocked in at my highest weight. Ever. How seriously depressing.

Anyway, I have my next appt. on tuesday. I fully expect to make it to that appt. I'll start my NST's at that appt. as well and I will for sure ask her to strip my membranes in hopes of getting something started. I went 13 days over with my son last time and I really hope and pray not to go that long again.

Hope the membrane stripping works for you!! Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I tried to get stripped at my last appointment, but we didn't have any luck since I haven't made any progress. My next appt isn't until Monday (40+4), but I fully expect to make it to that appointment for my u/s and nst and to schedule induction. I'm pretty sure that's the only way this kiddo is going to come out. But at least you have an end date (if it doesn't come even a little sooner!), so that's a good light at the end of the tunnel.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

6 days post sweep and nothing! lol.. Well not necessarily, I've been spotting, lost more of my mucous plug (4 instances), increased pelvic pain, cramping, and cramping with contractions... So much progress in the last week, i hope she's on her way..

My little one gets her eviction notice tomorrow! But i really hope she comes on her own.

Good luck to you!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had an appt at 39w5d and I was 2cm with pretty much no effacement.  I was hoping to get a sweep but I did not have enough progress to do so. :(  I have not had any signs of impending labor but I keep telling myself that I didn't have much with my daughter either and I went into labor with her after going to bed on my due date! 

Labor dust to all of us so we can start joining in on all of the outside baby discussions!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my membranes stripped on tuesday and still nothing. Good luck
  • Options
    39 weeks 4 days - no dilation, 50% effaced. I fully expect to go to 41 weeks with this kid. My next appointment is Tuesday. If I'm still pregnant, will have an ultrasound, non-stress test, and regular appointment. We'll see where we are at.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a sweep done yesterday (39 weeks) I am 2-3cm and 75% effaced. I lost my mucus plug today but except for that and cramping, still no baby. I'm very surprised since the OB said my bag was right there and ready to burst so I thought it was going to work. I had a sweep done at 38weeks 4days with DD1, water broke 3 hours later and she was born the next day. Looks like this LO is not ready yet!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"