Pregnant after 35
Options

Question from ttc over 35 board

Hi all!  Hope everyone on this board is doing well.  I dont belong to this board (yet) but would appreciate it if I could ask a quick question.....has anyone here been put on prometrium while ttc?  Just wondering if there are any success stories out there....

H&H 9 months to all!

"There's never an egg timer around when you need one....." Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Question from ttc over 35 board

• Options
    Yes.  2x.  And when I didn't take my prometrium regularly, I didn't conceive.  For me, I am not sure I was producing enough progesterone to get pregnant easily.  First time, one month to conceive after being prescribed (after miscarriage).  Second time, 7 months.  (I was inserting 1 pill when I should have been doing 2 for 5 months), then boom, as soon as I upped to right dosage, I became pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh that's great news!  Thank you for sharing with me.
    "There's never an egg timer around when you need one....." Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a c/p so I think I had implantation issues. I started using it the cycle after the c/p.  I started using it 2 days after IUI (mine looked like a bullet made out of wax) and took either until period or positive beta. Once positive beta I took for first 11 weeks of PG.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    I have used Progesterone supplements with both of my successful pregnancies.  I lost a baby during my first pregnancy before I started using progesterone supplements.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, I took 200 mg/day right after ovulation until I got my period, and it took us about 3 months of trying. I continued the prometrium through 1st tri.  I have no idea how much the prometrium helped, it was just sort of a last-stab effort on the part of my doctor to help me maintain my pregnancies.  So far, so good!  But again, hard to tell if it was the prometrium.

Best of luck to you, hope you get some good news very soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"