February 2013 Moms

Describe what your movement feels like

I know a lot of us are starting to feel the baby move, and it's fun to see how everyone's experience is a little bit different. So, just out of curiousity (and maybe to give everyone some peace of mind if what they are feeling is a little different than the standard "fluttering"), what does your movement feel like (fluttering, gas bubbles, wringing out a washcloth, rolling pin, poking, something different?)? How long does it last? How often does it happen? Does it move around or do you notice it more in one place? When did you first feel the baby move? Did you immediately know that's what it was?

Re: Describe what your movement feels like

• With my son, my 1st child, I didnt feel him move until somewhere around 16 or 17 weeks. It was typical little flutters then, lasting only a second or 2 at a time. Sometimes frequent and sometimes not. This pregnancy has been TOTALLY different. I felt this baby for the 1st time at 13 weeks and it will occasionally flutter, but most often feels like little rolls. Still usually concentrated to one area, although I can make him or her move sometimes by gently pressing my belly. Same duration, just not as frequent moves this time as with my 1st. my son moved ALOT the entire preg! Every baby and every Mama is different, but when you feel it the 1st time, whether your 1st child or 5th, you'll just know! Its similar to the feeling of little gas bubbles yet still different and unmistakable. Its amazing and no other real way to describe it! Best of luck with your pregnancy! Enjoy every moment: Hope this helps some!! BTW sorry my post looks so crazy! Im using the mobile version and it is not allowing any of my smileys, parenthesis, or much other punctuation! So irritating!! Haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started feeling something on Sunday and have felt it here and there ever since (lasting a few seconds at a time, the longest time was about a minute). It's like a rolling feeling; that's the best way I can describe it. I mentioned it to my mom and she said it was probably gas, but I'm not gassy at all. So I'm thinking it's baby movement. I'll know for sure if that feeling continues! Having it right now!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine feels like a bubble in my stomach that rolls.  I have no idea what a flutter feels like.  Sometimes I'm nervous to call it the baby so I tell SO, that I either have gas or the baby is saying hi.  He gets so excited and then seems a tiny bit jealous b/c there is no way he'll be able to feel it yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine feels like a little fishy brushing against the inside of my tummy. Sometimes I wonder if it's gas, but there are times when it's unmistakable.  It's kind of surprising I've felt these flutters so early w/ both pregnancies (about 2-3 weeks ago this time, and around 14-15 wks w/ DD). Last time I had an AP and the tech said it looks possible I will this time as well, although she couldn't tell for sure yet at my 12 wk u/s. Plus, my fibroids should make it harder to feel LO (I felt DD less at the end than most do). However, I've felt both babies pretty early on...which makes me happy! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • imageDC2London:
    I've never felt movement that I would describe as "fluttery" with either baby.  With Jack, early movement felt like a goldfish swishing around in my belly.  It was like a quick swishy feeling.  Then it became more like a bowling ball rolling around, and then I started to feel little punches, kicks and taps that were quite clearly him.  This baby has been similar, but sometimes it also feels like a firm round ball-type thing, or like a bubble, shifting around beneath the skin.  While digestion or gas usually feels more like a gurgle, this is more of a thumping.  And it feels like more of a rapid jerking motion.

That goldfish feeling is exactly what I felt with DS when I first started to feel him move. I've felt some rolling with this one, but I think it's too early and must just be gas.  

• A goldfish swimming is a good way to describe it. It's like swift wave like movements. The other day I felt a jab to my back. Z like my belly button area when kicking and moving. I never once felt it to my back. I literally jumped like wtf is that. It was so unreal. This LO is a mover. Z was more lazy and active at night. This one seems to be more active in the morning.
  • This is my first LO and I just started feeling movement a couple days ago. It feels kind of like getting flicked by someone, about halfway between my belly button and pelvic bone, and moves from side to side maybe a hand width but I haven't noticed any vertical movement. It is very sporadic: usually just a couple times a day, and usually when lounging in bed late morning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have felt this LO moving since 15 weeks.  It sometimes feels like it is rolling or flipping, and sometimes feels like a tickle.  I usually only feel it at night when I'm laying on my back.  I didn't feel my DD until 18 weeks and it was only sporadic.  She always felt like she was stretching and poking.  I never ever felt kicks or punches! 
  • I started feeling something yesterday (14w1d).  It felt like two very soft pokes behind my belly button.  I might have felt something prior to yesterday but didn't really think anything of it until it started happening a few times in the last 24 hours.
  • With all 3 of my PG's it starts like a rolling feeling or a someone tapping from the inside. Now that I've felt this baby moving, I really know what to look for and baby has been moving a lot lately, with little bumps and taps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"