C-sections

What to wear

For those of you who went for an RCS, did you wear your own clothes for the rest of your stay at the hospital? If you did, what did you bring/wear? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: What to wear

• I preferred to wear the hospital gown during my entire stay.  It was just easier for me to be checked, it was as easy to breastfeed as if I was wearing a nursing bra, and it was just comfy.  I also didn't really want to potentially get any blood or other fluids on any of my own clothes.

I know some people are uncomfortable in hospital gowns so they pack nursing tanks (or just regular tanks if not bfing) and bottoms that won't rest on the incision site, maybe yoga pants.

I can't think of anything special clothes-wise you would need that is different from your first stay.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I wore my own clothes as soon as I was able to shower (early the next morning after each of my c/s).  I felt a lot better being in my own comfy things.  I bring loose black pajama pants that either sit really low or can be pulled up over my belly, a tank top, and a robe.  If you're nursing do a nursing tank.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Very comfy pjs stretchy, I wouldn't be able to stay in a gown.  I brought like 3 pairs
  • I HATE hospital gowns so I brought nightgowns that I wore as soon as I could get up to shower.  I also took a robe.  This time I have 4 knit dresses I got on clearance at Old Navy that have empire waist bands.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"