Two Under 2
Options

FMLA question for 2u2

Anyone have experience with taking a second FMLA time off from work with 2u2 or with less than 12 "rolling" months between time off?  My HR person just informed me she doesn't know what paperwork I need to fill out because I might not be eligible for FMLA and I'm trying to figure out what thi this would mean for me exactly. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FMLA question for 2u2

• Options
    When did you return from FMLA with your first? And when is your due date for your second? I work in HR and can tell you how much time you would have available.
  • Options
    I'm a teacher. Returned the beginning of January. School ended at the end of June and just started this past week. I'm planning on going out again at the beginning of October. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unfortunately, since you have only been back 9 months, it's likely that you won't have any FMLA available. It would depend on the exact dates, but basically you "earn" back days as you start working again. For example, I returned to work on May 7th and will go back out on April 22nd, so since I will be closer to being back for a year, I will have less than 12 weeks of FMLA but may end up having a few. Your HR person should be able to tell you exactly how much you will have based on your return date and EDD.
  • Options
    Got it. :) Thanks so much!
  • Options
    If you're not eligible for FMLA because you've exhausted your leave time for the year, that means you don't have 12 weeks of job protection.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So if I came back over a  year from when I'm going out, I'm ok, correct?  Sorry to hijack the post, but I hadn't thought about this until reading this post.  I came back to work in February 2012 and will go out in either late March or early April 2013. 

• Options
    imagesherbear1322:

So if I came back over a  year from when I'm going out, I'm ok, correct?  Sorry to hijack the post, but I hadn't thought about this until reading this post.  I came back to work in February 2012 and will go out in either late March or early April 2013. 

Yep, that's correct! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"