March 2012 Moms
Options

Making baby food

My husband and I would like to start making our daughter's baby food. What type of processor do you use? Did you get a baby bullet, or just a random food processor, if so what kind?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Making baby food

• Options
    I have a regular magic mullet. It does the same thing. I have also used a regular food processor. I normally freeze them in ice cube trays then put them in vacuum seal bags and seal up 7 in a bag. Then I can open one bag a week with out the rest getting freezer burn and they will stay fresh for a while. Except now that he is eating more I need freeze 14 in a bag or if they are already frozen open 2 bags.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just use my regular blender - it does the trick. I bought the covered trays from Amazon so I can stack them on top of one another in the freezer, and then put the cubes in freezer bags once they're solid. That way, I can steam & puree a little extra of whatever veg DH and I are having for dinner that night without having to do a special cooking session - e.g. tonight I made stir-fry with broccoli, so I bought a little extra and took care of LO's portion while our dinner was cooking.

These are the trays I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Baby-Easy-Breast-Trays/dp/B0007CS4EU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

(sorry, not good at making links work)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It seems that any food processor will do. Now I need to start researching how many times a day to give food, how much and how to ease in to it. Maybe I'll start a new thread for that too.
  • Options
    I use the vitamix.  Doing one sweet potato wasn't enough to blend though.  So next time I will make 2 and freeze the extra.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"