Preemies
Options

Preemie Moms Roll Call: GTKY - oldies, newbies and lurkers welcome!

There's a lot of new preemie mamas on here so I thought we should all introduce ourselves and share about our preemies!  Please feel free to add pictures too Big Smile

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now?

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth?

3. Why did you deliver early?

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now?

Re: Preemie Moms Roll Call: GTKY - oldies, newbies and lurkers welcome!

• Options

1. DD was born on 7/18, so just over a month old.

2. She was born via induction at 34w0d and was large for dates - 5 lbs. 10 oz. and 19" long.

3. I had PPROM at 30w4d and spent 23 days in the hospital on bedrest. I was successfully induced at 34w.

4. She is doing great! She was 7 lbs. 1 oz. last week at her one month appointment, so I expect she will be over 8 pounds by her due date next week. She has great head control and is starting to become more alert and making new types of noises.

I will add a pic later tonight! 

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Good idea, Alice! I was thinking we should do something like this :) Great minds. Hello, to everyone I don't really know yet!

DS was born on 26 March 11 - he is almost 17 mo/15 adj now. 

He was 3 lbs, 11 oz and 30.6 weeks 

We lost everything (including my cats) when my apartment burned down mid-February. I spent the next five weeks sleeping on a floor mattress going out of my mind with grief. We'd just moved into a new apartment when I gave birth one week later - doctors say stress. I agree. 

Super! He's on the charts, loves to walk/zoom everywhere, is learning to talk, and loves helping me around the house. One day we'll get a puppy together, but not until he's a little bit older ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. 7-11-11, 13 months old now

2. 28w4d, O - 2 lbs even, 13 inches, M - 2 lbs 7 oz, 14.25 inches

3. TTTS and O had reverse end diastolic cord flow causing some IUGR

4. Busy as can be!  Crawling every where and starting to cruise.  They still are not into eating much food but we are working on it.  So far they seem to be on track with adjusted age developmental milestones.  Today at the Dr. they weighed 16 lbs 11 oz and 18 lbs 13 oz! 

Here's one of my favorite NICU pictures when they were 2 months old.  It's hard to believe this was amost a year ago!

Photobucket
  • Options

This is a great idea! I don't post on here often, but I lurk all the time.

1. My DD was born 9/30/11. She is  nearly 11 mo old (Ah!) /8 mo adjusted

2. 1lb 2oz 11in born at 27 weeks.

3. Absent diastolic flow, severe IUGR.  She started to show signs of distress so it was time.

4. She is doing fabulous! We have some issues with eating/weight gain, but other than that she is super active, is learning to crawl and loves 'talking.'

imageimage

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. My girls were born May 30, 2011. They are 1 year adjusted and 15 months actual.2. They were born at 29 weeks 4 days. G - 2 lbs 8 oz 15 in and E - 2 lbs 7 oz 15 in3.  I was put on bed rest for a shortened cervix at a little past 27 weeks and went into preterm labor early on May 30th. Within an hour of getting to the hospital I was 9 cm dilated and had an emergency c section because Miss E was transverse.4.  They're doing great! We had our 1 year adjusted app at the pedi last week. G is 16 lbs 12 oz and 26 in. E is 18 lbs 3 oz and 27 in. E is walking and has about 8 words. G is cruising and has about 5 words. Tomorrow we have our 1 year adj NiCU follow up and we're keeping our fingers crossed that we get a good report. Neither one has outgrown their milk protein allergy yet, so still no dairy.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

1.  May 11, 2012.  14 wks, 8 wks adjusted.

2.  5 lbs, 9 oz. and 18 in. long.  Was 34 wks.

3.  I had severe pre-e and fluid on my lungs.  Ethan came via c-section due to being breech and because of my trouble breathing (went from waiting a few hours to an emergency)

4.  Good!  He is growing like a champ, on Monday he weighed in at 13 lbs. 4 oz.  We see a urologist for slight hydronephrosis (enlarged kidneys) and we were just referred to an OT for his flat head (likes to turn his head a certain way, but I think it is more because that was facing the door in his hospital room, so I think he was used to facing that way).  He makes all kinds of cute noises, just waiting for him to try rolling over!

Me: 30 DH:33 DX PCOS TTC #1 since 1/11. Metformin 1000mg before BFP, 2 rounds of Provera and 1 round of Clomid. BFP 10/12! Ethan James born 5/11/12 at 34 weeks...after 4 weeks in the NICU he finally came home!!
  • Options

Great post Mrs. Alice! 

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now? I have two little preemie miracles.

A- 10/7/09 (almost 3), C- 3/12/12 5 months old 4 months adjusted

A- born at 33w 4d 4lbs 10.5 oz and 18.5 inches long

C-Born at 34w 5d 5lbs 5 oz and 19 1/4 inches long

With A I delivered early because of pre-e, went to the hospital to be monitored and then delivered 24 hours later. With C I had PTL.  I was closely monitored from 16 weeks, received 17p shots, and at 32 weeks went to L&D for high blood pressure, that's where they found that I was having contractions. I was given terb (3 times) and put on bedrest and procadia. I was was bedrest for almost two weeks before I delivered at 34w 5d. Things happened so fast that I never got the epi, so natural for this girl. 

A is doing wonderful, although she is definitely trying my patience lately, but I guess that's what almost three years do. I would estimate her weight to be 30lbs, but I'm not really sure. C is just to cute for words, she's trying to sit up, I call them baby sit ups. She's cooing and screaming (just started that this week). She eats so much then A ever did at this age. At her 4 month appointment she was 14lbs 10oz. So I'm sure by 6 months she will be close to 16lbs. 

• Options

Virginia was born on October 22, 2011 and is 10 months old tomorrow 

25 weeks; 1lb 7oz; 12.5 inches 

Incompetent Cervix,  luckily I was being followed closely and it was caught before I started dilating but we were in a pretty desperate situation starting at 21 weeks.  Im so amazed/ grateful that she is here

V is doing great, although she just went to her first sick baby pedi appt for a stuffy nose, cough and came away with a ear infection diagnosis.  She weighs 15.5 lbs and is 26 inches.  She is rolling around, sitting independently, eating solid foods and is generally a really happy baby

some photos... hope this works 

Virginia at a few days old 

Virginia at 9 months

mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Options
    1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they?  2/14 18mths actual/15 adjusted2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth? 26 weeks 1 lb 10 ozs  & 1lb 14ozs3. Why did you deliver early? pPROM and Chorio4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now? Pretty typical almost 2 year olds, mostly caught up developmentally with just a few minor delays. 
    Mom to preemie b/g twins born 14 weeks early after 3 years of IF, 8 clomid cycles and 1 IVF. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

1. Nov. 20, 2011 - 21m

2. 2lbs 7oz born @ 26/5

3. IC

4. She is doing amazing.  She is out of PT and still being monitored for speech but that's it.  She walks/runs everywhere.  She's putting two words together.  The other day I watched her climb up the jungle gym at school and slide down the slide all by herself, 4 times.  I got teary!  

• Options

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now? She was born May 8, 2012 and she's 15 weeks/10 adjusted

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth? She was 4lb 11oz 18inches. 35w2days

3. Why did you deliver early? I had pre-e. Was gonna get induced at 36w but my water broke at 35/2 and i went into labor naturally :)

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now? Great! She's 10lb4oz 21inches She sleeps pretty well at night. The only problem is torticollis and we're in PT for that!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now? Henry was born 2/1/2012 - He is just over 6 months now

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth?  3lbs, 11oz - He was born at 31 wks, 3 days

3. Why did you deliver early?  PROM 2 days prior to delivery.  The placenta was abnormally small which could have been the cause.

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now?  He is doing great.  So fortunate!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. November 28th - 8 months+
    2. 4lbs 14 oz 17.5 inches 35 weeks 2 days
    3. Gestational diabetes, pre-e, hypertension, unresponsive heart rate, fetal stroke
    4. Amazingly well! DD is finally starting to grow. She is over 11lbs and recently got a g-tube. She is a little behind developmentally but overall very well.  

• Options

DD - Zoey, 1/29/09, 3 1/2 years old, DS - Ben, 7/15/10, 2 years old

DD - 25w2d, 1 lb. 14 oz., DS - 35w6d, 6 lb. 13 oz.

DD - IC, PTL, fell on ice in my driveway.  Went into hospital at 24w5d, could not stop labor, had a natural delivery.  96 days in the NICU.  DS - IC, PTL, emergency cerclage at @21 weeks, 15 weeks of bedrest, and still came early but I got an EPI this time for the delivery.  :) 

Two average toddlers!  No chronic medical problems for either child.  DD is now on par with her peers developmentally and is preparing for traditional Kindergarten.   They are mistaken for twins (they are 18 mo. apart) due to DD's small frame, and DS' round frame.  Ha, ha!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

1. DS was born on June 1st, 2011.  He is 14 months now.

2. He was 6.7lbs at 34w5days.

3. Unexplained PTL.

4. He is doing really well now. 

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

1. 5/2/12.  She is almost 16 weeks actual, 12 adjusted.

2. DD was born at 5lb2oz, 18 1/4in at 36w1d.

3. My water broke unexpectedly at 36w and she was born the next day.  Aside from being really sick the whole pregnancy I had no complications and no idea why my water broke when it did.

4. She is doing excellant.  We have her 4 month appointment in a couple weeks, but right now she is almost 11 and a half pounds.  She is smiling, laughing, and so interactive.  She isn't rolling yet, but loves to "stand" and is working on baby sit-ups. I am amazed at how far she has come :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just started lurking recently, haven't been much of a poster on any of the boards.

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now? My daughter was born August 13, 2012 and is 8 days old.

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth? She was born at 36 weeks exactly and weighed 4 pounds 13.8 ounces and was 17.5 inches long.

3. Why did you deliver early? I was being monitored for pregnancy induced hypertension and they thought it would turn into pre eclampsia. At 35 weeks 6 days I went to the hospital for lack of movement. They did a NST and finally got her heartrate to jump up so they sent me home. At my weekly appointment the next day she failed her biophysical profile with 2/8. After a NST at the office they decided we needed to deliver immediately. From my doctors appointment to the time I was getting a c-section it was about 45 minutes.

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now? She is in the NICU. As of now the only additional thing they have her on is a feeding tube through her nose. They just took her out of the isolate today and we are hoping she can remain out. She had been having trouble maintaining her temp. They also turned off the 25 cc's of oxygen they had been giving her to see how she handles it. We can't wait to be able to bring her home.

Jennifer
    My Bio image 228 Invited so far! image 143 Are ready to party!
    image 74 Will be missing out image 11 need to make up their minds
  • Options
    imageMrs. Alice:

DS was born June 26th and just turned 8 weeks today.

He was 3 lbs, 3 ozs; 17 inches long.  He was 29 weeks.

Up until he was born I was a textbook pregnancy.  My doc joked just a few days beforehand that she wishes all of her patients were as easy as me.  All of a sudden, though, I had bad stomach pains and ended up almost passing out at home and needed an ambulance to go to the ER.  An ultrasound confirmed internal bleeding in my uterus.  It turned out that my placenta had attached in an area where they had removed fibroids from my uterus last year...and it stretched the scar tissue to the point of bleeding.  It's ridiculously rare and was inevitable; we're just glad it didn't happen any earlier!

We're still in the NICU.  The only thing left that's keeping us there is that he's still working on getting the hang of bottle feeding.  They keep saying that we'll be discharged "soon" since he's made so much progress, but I'm hesitant to get excited about it since they told us that he'd go home last week and, alas, we're still there.

• Options
    1. When is your LOs birthday and how old are they now? 4/4/12. They are 4.5 months actual, 2 months adjusted.

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth? J was 2lbs13oz, S was 3lbs3oz

3. Why did you deliver early? Went into PTL at 28w1d. Was on mag for 72 hours and received two steroid shots. Delivered at 29w4d after ten days of hospital bed rest. Doctors best guess is that my body thought it was go time because I'm small framed and I was carrying 6lbs of babies. My body just didn't get the memo that there were two babies.

4. Updates on how your LOs is doing now? They're awesome! They're the strongest people I know. They're in weekly PT for torticollis and J is being evaluated for plagiocephaly next month. He might need a helmet. Both boys are cooing like crazy and doing mini pushups. J looks like he's going to roll tummy to back any day now. I'm so proud of them!
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
     1. November 9, 2011 - 9 months old 2. 4 pounds 6 ounces, 17.75 inches long 3.  Unfortunately, unexplained PTL. I had a positive FFN test and delivered a little over 2 weeks later. 4. Bowen is doing great! We feel so incredibly lucky. He is crawling, pulling up on everything, and getting bigger by the minute.
  • Options

1. 12-8-09, 2yrs old.

2. 6lbs 2oz/ 19in and 35 weeks.

3. Placenta Detaching.

4. He is struggling with health problems(asthma,GI, joints, and bad headaches). He is on track or ahead on milestones. He is so strong and such a trooper!

Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

June 4, 2012 so he's 11 weeks

He was 27 weeks and born at 2 lbs 10 oz and 15" 

Testing after delivery found an infection in my placenta. 

I just posted about how he was almost released today. But he's up to 7 lbs (he did have a couple oz but lost them in the past 2 days) and looks great! He's very "talkative," always grunting/groaning. And we're definitely seeing bits of his personality. 

My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

What a great idea!

My lo- Max was born 6/6/12 and is now 11 weeks.

He was 5lbs 10ozs and 18 1/2 inches at 31 weeks 4 days

My water broke 4 days before I delivered for unknown reasons.

Max is doing amazing!  He is up to 13 1/2 lbs! We are so blessed!

I also just want to say how thankful I am for this board and all of you on here!!!  This has been the hardest experience of my life and it is nice to know that there are people that understand what I am going through.

~Monica

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

1. 7/1/12, 7 weeks, 2 days old

2. 1lb 11oz, 13", 27 weeks exactly

3. Sudden onset (literally overnight) severe pre-e with HELLP Syndrome

4. She is doing fantastically well.  She only needed c-pap briefly and mostly to help keep her chest open.  She was breathing on her own by day 9.  She is starting to breast feed and doing pretty well and is gaining weight like a champ- up to 4.5 lbs now.  Hopefully she'll be able to come home in 3-4 weeks.

• Options
    I lurked and sporadically posted when I went on hosp. br (pre-e found @ 32w, spent 4 weeks on hospital bed rest) with my twins and after they were born in March 11, hope its ok that I join in :)

3/22/11 They will be 17 months old tomorrow!

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth?
    Baby A- 4lbs 15oz, 18.5in 
    Baby B- 5lbs 2oz, 18in
    36w1d

Pre-e, GD

They're doing really well!  We weighed them a couple days ago and Baby A was 27.5lbs and Baby B was 24.5lbs.  Getting big.  They're running and just starting to talk in small sentences.  Incredible how fast the time goes by. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member

Adalyn was born on 2/4/12 and she is 6.5 months actual/ 3 months adjusted.

1 pound 12 ounces, 12 inches at 26w2d

Short version: pPROM and Chorio

Longer version: Discovered very low fluid at  22w6d during a routine fetal echo u/s, but unable to detect amniotic fluid on physical exam.  Hospitalized for 24 days with very low fluid.  Started spotting at 1pm, bleeding at 6pm, contractions (that just felt like menstrual cramps) every 8-10 minutes at 8, fever (for the first time during hospitalization) of 99.5 at 9pm, elevated WBC and fever of 100.2 at 10pm and contractions every 5 minutes, C-section (baby transverse) at 12:17am.  Confirmed chorio from pathology. Evidently, my water broke somewhere around 22 weeks (I just thought it was increased secretions--never had a gush or anything) due to unknown reasons. 

After spending 83 days in the NICU we were finally released on 4/26/12.  We came home on an apnea monitor, pulse ox, and oxygen.  We haven't needed to use oxygen since July 22!! We still use the apnea monitor when she sleeps overnight, but she hasn't had any apnea alarms in months.  She's rolling from tummy to back (most of the time) and is really starting to hold her head up.  She is smiles for pretty much anyone she meets, and she just melts my heart.  I think that she'll start laughing soon.  She loves to "talk" and we've had some real interesting conversations. Smile

Here's  a pic from a couple of weeks ago when we watched the Women's Olympic Soccer match against Canada. I'm not sure if I shared this pic on this board or not, but I just think that her soccer ball onesie is adorable!

IMAG0802
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Options

June 27th. She's 37 weeks gestational (8 weeks actual). 

At birth... Weight: 2 pounds. Length: 14.5 inches. GA: 29 weeks.

Severe pre-e/HELLP syndrome that came on quickly.

She's 56 days in NICU and now up to 4 pounds. I think she's on her way home soon, because she's been a champ with her eating. 

March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1. DD was born on 6/8/12 and is 2 and a half months actual, 6 days adjusted.

2. 1lb 11.2 oz, 12.6 inches long - born at 30w1d

3. Severe pre-eclampsia which caused severe IUGR.

4. She's doing good! Knocking on the door of 4 and a half pounds. She is more alert during the day, rather than just sleeping all the time. We are working on getting more tummy time in and her reflux has greatly improved. We have our first appointment with the NICU follow up clinic in the AM. I'm very anxious to see what they have to say! 

TTC #1 since Dec 2010
    BFP #1 7/26/11 ~ EDD 4/2/12 ~ m m/c discovered 9/2/11
    BFP #2 12/5/11 ~ EDD 8/16/12 ~ It's a Girl!
    Lila Abigail born 6/8/12 at 30w1d weighing 1 lb 11.2 oz due to severe pre-e and IUGR Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

They are 21 months- born in November.

J- 5lb 4oz, 18.5 in, N- 5lb 3oz, 17.5 in.  Gestational age, 34w 3d

Pre-e

My guys are doing great- Running, jumping, climbing, always busy, they are starting to talk so much more- I was worried about their speech but they have had a language explosion at 21 months. 

• Options
    imageMrs. Alice:

There's a lot of new preemie mamas on here so I thought we should all introduce ourselves and share about our preemies!  Please feel free to add pictures too Big Smile

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now?  My son was born on May 26, 2010, and he is now 2 years old.  My daughter was born on April 30, 2012, and she is almost 4 months old. 

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth?  My son was 4 lbs 9 oz and was born close to 31 weeks.  My daughter was 6 lbs 1.1oz, and was born close to 35 weeks after a couple of weeks of hospital bedrest. 

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now?  They are doing good.  See pictures. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    1. When is your LOs birthday and how old are they now?

May 17 13 weeks 6 days actual, 7 weeks adjusted

4 lbs 1 oz/17.5 inches. Born 33 weeks 1 day

Had a perfect pregnancy until I woke up bleeding on Mother's Day at 32 weeks  4 days .  I was hospitalized for observation for the unexplained bleeding and a mild case of  pree was detected.  I was able to receive both steroid shots before we were forced to deliver by emergency csection  because of a placenta abruption caused by mild pree at 33 wks 1 day.  The original bleeding had been caused by a hidden abruption

4. Updates on how your LOs is doing now?

Wonderful!  He is  over 11 lbs now, can roll over, and loves to smile at everyone.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now?  DD was born 3/11/11 now 17months actual (13 adjusted)

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth?  Born 1lb 4 oz, 11 1/4 inches at 22w 5 days

3. Why did you deliver early?  Water broke one night, later they found an infection in my placenta, they dont know if the infection came first or the rupture (later realized I had been leaking amniotic fluid for a few days before my membranes ruptured)

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now?  Amazing - shes over 22lbs, standing and starting to walk, meeting her adjusted milestones and finally catching up with her solid feeding - no major complications (some chronic bronchiolitis and reflux) - shes in Daycare and surprises me everyday with how smart she is!

image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now? -  Born July 14, 2011,  now 13 months old (11 months adjusted)

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth? 3 lbs 9 oz, 17 inches at birth. Born at 30w 4d.

3. Why did you deliver early? Unexplained PTL. I also had a complete placenta previa, which was most likely a contributing factor. PPROM'd while they were trying to stop labor.

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now? I feel extrememly fortunate that she is doing well. At her 12 month check up, she was on the regular growth chart! Feeding continues to be an issue for us, but we are working with an OT on that.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageMrs. Alice:

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now? Birthday- August 2, 2012...three weeks tomorrow

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth? 4lbs 5oz 17 inches

3. Why did you deliver early? I had complete placenta previa... Doctors told me if I bleed at all after 34 weeks they will do my c-section then instead of the scheduled C at 37 weeks. Of course the DAY i turn 34 weeks I start bleeding.

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now? He's doing great! He's only been home from NICU for a couple of days but he's already up to 5lbs 2oz

• Options

June 14th.. Just over 2 months old :)

4lb 6oz, 17in, 33w6d

No idea... The hospital ran tests and everything came back fine :( It really ticks me off that there's no explanation. I felt guilty about delivering early for weeks.

Absolutely wonderful! He's up to 9lb 9oz, roughly 21in, and eats like a tank. He's so precious it's unbelievable!

Mr & Mrs H. - It all began 10.21.09
    image Sasha & Melinda - Big Sisters!

• Options

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now? Lila was born on 6/24 and is now almost 9 weeks

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth? Birthweight 3 lbs, 13 oz, length 18 inches and 31 weeks, 1 day gestational age

3. Why did you deliver early? PTL and P-PROM 

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now? Today is probably not the best day to ask because she is extremely fussy, irritable, isn't sleeping much (nor is mom) and is having trouble latching.  However, overall she is doing well with no major medical issues.  Her 2 month appt is on Monday and We'll find out how much she weighs.  

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

• Options

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now?  May 10, 2010 (29 weeks)- he is 2 now! 

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth?  3 lb, 16 inches

3. Why did you deliver early? Fibroids caused me to have an incompetent cervix. Went into labor at 24 weeks and stayed in hospital for almost 4 weeks then went home on bedrest until I went in labor again at 29 weeks.  My came home on his due date!

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now?  Amazing at 2!  Potty trained, running around, full vocabulary and just amazing.  At his two year well visit appt in May he was 25 pounds and 34 inches (I think) on the charts for both weight and height!  He did walk, crawl, etc... late but once he walked he fast forwarded with everyhting else.

• Options

February 7th, he was 6 1/2 months old yesterday!

2 lbs. 9 oz. and 14.5" at birth at 32 weeks

At 31 weeks, I was diagnosed with severe IUGR due to absent/reverse blood flow in the umbilical cord, in other words placental insufficiency, and on top of that, I got severe pre-e.  The doctors decided there was no choice but to deliver him, as they didn't give my placenta much longer, and once I got the pre-e it was inevitable.

Gavin is doing amazing!  Because we found out about my complications before I developed full blown pre-e, I was able to get steroid shots, and he came out breathing room air, and never needed any breathing assistance.  He spent a total of 40 days in the NICU, and came home 16 days before his EDD.  The only major problem he had while in the NICU was jaundice, which cleared up with meds once he came home. 

He is now about 12.5 lbs. and 24" long, starting to eat solids, and meeting milestones for his adjusted age.  I feel truly lucky!  He does have reflux, but started meds last week and has been doing much better...I'm hoping he'll put on a little more weight now that he's spitting up less. 

IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs. Alice:
    There's a lot of new preemie mamas on here so I thought we should all introduce ourselves and share about our preemies!nbsp; Please feel free to add pictures too Big Smile
    1. When is your LOs birthday and how old are they now?
    2.nbsp;Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth?
    4. Updates on how your LOs is doing now?

1. 12/31/09 heading toward 3!!!
    Im also pregnant again, due 1/24. Looking like this one will be early as well, it's been a really rough pregnancy so far.
    2. 32.4 wks, 3 lbs 13 oz 16"
    3. pProm after PTL since 27 wks hospital BR
    4. Still small but he's very active! He has global developmental delays, pancreatic insufficiency severe food allergies but they think these are related to a genetic syndrome not necessarily prematurity.
  • Options

1. When is your LO(s) birthday and how old are they now? Birthday is 12-13-09 and DS is 2.5 years now.

2. Birth weight/length and gestational age at birth? 1 pound, 14 ounces; 13.25 inches long; 24w5d

3. Why did you deliver early? Incompetent cervix/preterm labor. IC was discovered at 23w2d and luckily with stricy hospital bedrest and lots of meds i made it to viability and a few says beyond.

4. Updates on how your LO(s) is doing now? Our only lingering issue is a minor speech articulation delay. He's doing remarkably well and we are so, so thankful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"