New to The Bump

Decisions, Please Help!

I am not sure what board to post this on but here's to hoping you can help!

My husband and I have decided to TTC. We both work full time but I have no intention of working after the baby unless I can work from home. With that said I really dislike my job and think its not a great environment for a pregnant woman. The only people who get pregnant in my office work in HR most everyone is 25 years old, single and party every night. Needless to say my company doesn't have a great set up for maternity leave or taking time off either. I have been looking into leaving this job and hopefully finding a new one that's part time so that as doctors appts or sick days come around I have a more compatible work schedule.  I can get health benefits through my husbands job so that's not a concern. Just conflicted as to if I should stick it out with a non flexible company that I make great money at or start to scale back in preparation for the baby. Thoughts? 

Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Decisions, Please Help!

• The decision is ultimately yours and what you feel most comfortable with.

That being said, if I we're in your position, I would try to stick it out as long as I could.

You can still look for a part-time job while working at your current job. Plus if you're making good money at your current job. You can start saving up now!

Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • My advice? Stick it out and start socking as much money away as you can. If you try to change jobs now, it can complicate things. New job situations always bring stress, and going into a stressful situation when you're already in one is just adding fuel to the fire.

Scale back on your spending and budget, budget, budget! Hubs and I just started TTC, but we've been budgeting for it all year. Try Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. That book CHANGED OUR LIVES. I will never think about money the same way again. It's great that you have benefits through your husband. I'm stuck with no insurance because I can't afford it. God-willing, if everything goes well, we'll be able to pay cash for everything with our savings.

Now is also the time to start looking for stay-at-home jobs once you actually do deliver. It's best to be prepared. Good luck, and God bless!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice. I ended up talking to my boss about it and she is so excited and is willing to work with me when the times come. So at this time I am staying put and reaping the financial benefits the job has to bring. I have already read Dave Ramsey's book and it helped us get a better feel for where we need to be. Being a double income couple right now is what is allowing us to start to even think about TTC. Good luck to you too! 
    Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"