Postpartum Depression

Share your zoloft weaning experiences

I am starting to wean this week. I have been on 50mg since my little guy was about 8 weeks old. He is turning 1 this month. I just want to know what kind of feelings you had as you were tapering down. I am decreasing by 12.5 per week until 0 so it will be slow and take about a month, it took me that long to get to 50mg when I started as well since my psych. prefers a slow process to lessen side effects.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

Re: Share your zoloft weaning experiences

• At one time I was on a pretty high dose of zoloft (I think 200mg). I am sure the side efffects are different for each person and maybe so especially because of my dose. Anyways, I didn't have any major effects but the one I recall the most is like this weird zapping feeling. It's kind of hard to describe. I guess the closest thing I could compare it to is a twitch but it would go through my whole body. This was on and off through the weaning process but I don't think it lasted more very long, maybe a week? Good luck!!

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Thank you for the response. It's good to know it can be done and I'll make it through!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

• Loading the player...
  • imageteenybean:
    Thank you for the response. It's good to know it can be done and I'll make it through!

I was on it for years when I weaned so if I could do it, so can you. I think I may have had some dizziness/vertigo but short lived. I have also weaned off Wellbutrin XL without issue either. I usually get side effects from meds but both times weren't bad. You will do fine :)   

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"