Late Term and Child Loss

Sad to be here

Am I in the right place?
Lost a baby in December; D&C in January.  Came here for support.  Loved the bump (except having to log on and see pics of babies everywhere, but what can you do?). <-- Actually I knew just what to do: I joined a facebook group with other bumpies!

Got pregnant in February.  Experienced a "typical" pregnancy until Thursday, August 9 when I hadn't felt my baby move.  Went to the hospital expecting to be laughed at only to be admitted and induced - my baby was already gone @ 25w5d. 

You don't expect to lose your child at ~7months.  You finally let your guard down a little.  You finally start preparing.  You've finally started feeling movement and nothing in the world could be better.  Then this. 

I birthed my baby.  I held my baby.  I slept beside my baby.  I love my baby.  I miss my baby.

I'm devastated.

Aria Janea
Born: Saturday, August 11, 2012 @ 8:44pm
1 pound 10 ounces, 13"
A head full of hair!!

Baby W. Early miscarriage @ 6w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
My Blog www.jdsrainbow.blogspot.com

Re: Sad to be here

• I just started tearing when reading this post.  I'm devasted for you. That's something that no one should ever have to face...

I cannot express in words how deeply saddened I am for you and your family.  I hope you are able to move forward, as much as one can, and you have other happy things coming your way.

TAke care, and thoughts and prayers for you.

• Thank you so much.  It's hard but I'm trying.  I'm just hoping you and the other ladies here can offer as much guidance and support as possible.  I'll definitely try to do the same, but I know I'm not much help right now.

Thanks again.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so very sorry for the loss of your daughter Aria.  You are definitely in the right place and I hope you are able to find support and understanding here.  I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • My baby boy was born the same day. I am still broken and trying to figure it all out, but know you aren't alone. August 11 changed my life too... I also held my perfect little boy, and in a way that no one else does, I feel your pain.
    Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your little Aria. Please give your self time to truly grieve and be gentle with yourself.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of little, Aria and I'm so sorry to have to welcome you here.
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Aria. I hope you find peace and comfort among the amazing support the ladies on this board offer.

~HUGS~

TTC #1 since 10/2010 RE consult 6/2011 PCOS (known) MFI IVF #1 w/ICSI 2/2012 BFP TRIPLETS our angels grew wings at 19.5 weeks 6.25.12 IVF #2 2/2013 Sono shows tissue Hysteroscopy needed Changing RE www.chasingstarsisbettertogether.com Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~~~all welcome~~~
  • I am so sorry for your loss!  Sending many, many ((((hugs))) to you!!!  
  • Thank you all. I hate August!!! I hate everything. Except my baby.
  • imageILoveRedVino:
    My baby boy was born the same day. I am still broken and trying to figure it all out, but know you aren't alone. August 11 changed my life too... I also held my perfect little boy, and in a way that no one else does, I feel your pain.

I hate that this is what we have in common but I'm happy to be on this journey with so many great people. I'll be looking for your posts to see how you're doing and to see where you are in your grieving and healing.  

• ***Siggy Warning***

I am so sorry for your loss of your daughter, Aria Janea. It is so unfair! I am glad that you have found us here. All the ladies are so supportive. Big Hugs to you!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I am so very sorry for the loss of your daughter.  I hope you can find all the comfort and support you need here. 

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• I am so sorry for the loss of your Aria Janea. You are right, you don't expect to lose your child at 7 months. It never even crossed my mind. Everything was perfect, until it wasn't. I'm so sorry you find yourself here but I hope you can find some support.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Aria Janea.  Your story sounds so similar to mine - it was such a huge shock and such a devastating blow.  I hope you can find comfort on this board.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our baby at 29 weeks March 15..it has been 5 months and everyday is a challenge... talking helps but beware of people's comments they dont know what to say.one book i read and found helpful was life touches life by lorraine ash. You have a long road ahead of you, its the hardest thing i have had to do but you get back into a routine and you will laugh again. You will feel guilty for laughing but you will learn to live your life around your loss.... best wishes to you
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Aria is a beautiful name.

I lost my son at 22 weeks. No, you don't expect to lose a baby that far into a pregnancy. I had no idea this happened to people. I was blissfully clueless.

This has been the hardest, most gut-wrenching thing I've ever been through. It is awful on so many levels. But there are many of us still living; still continuing in our lives somehow because that's the only thing to do. It's an incredibly hard road to walk but you're not alone.

I hate that you have to be here, but I'm glad you have found us. Feel free to say anything on this board; we have seen and felt it all.

Huge hugs. You are still a mom.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Aria. I'm sad that you have to be here too but please know we're here for you.

Severe endo & fibroids, IVF #1 BFP with twins, Gabriel Mark (5/20/12) & Zachary David (5/24/12)- said goodbye to my two angels at 17 weeks due to pprom. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

IVF#2 FET 9/24, Beta #1 10/3...

My Blog: http://theunfixableme.blogspot.com/

• I am very sorry for you loss.. I feel your pain.. I loss my son Abraham Aug 15th @ 9:40am 21wks 2days. My Dr says it was due to a weak cervix but i am not too convinced so I will be meeting with the chairman of ob this thursday to ask a million questions.. She was at the hospital the day it happen. I went into the hospital complaining of my underwear constantly being wet and pressure. My husband and i we laughing because we though it was pee due to my son laying on my bladder.. Little bit did we know I was already 4cm open with a bulging membrane.. We didnt have much of an option but to have my pregnancy induced while my son was still alive and kicking inside me.. Due to a risk of a big infection that can possibly cause me to lose my uterus we had to processed with the induction. I live with guilt because i was admitted on tuesday @ 4pm but didnt have my son till wed @ 9:40 which is the same time my son would always kick me when he was hungry.. in my mind he was kicking asking for food like he always did but instead he broke the membrane and a rush of water pushed him out.. I didnt know when he came out bcuz i had epi and didnt feel anything.. when the nurse came to ck on me.. she lifted the sheets and my baby was laying btw my legs and i didnt even know.. When i held my son he had poop in his butt so in my head he  was alive for a mins and was scared and pooped on himself.. This is something i have to live with but like my mother said.. He is in a better place.. The selfish part of me wants my son with my but my heart knows he is watching over me n his father smiling and thanking us for the wonderful life he has in paradise... Call me crazy but on aug 22nd was 1wk and i prayed soooo hard and i felt a wonderful presence in my house and since that happen I havent cried.. i think about him everyday but i have come to terms that there was nothing i could do... i know now how common short cervix and prom is.. I am excited to try again now that i am more informed. I will tell my future child about his brother abraham...

.. i send you many hugs.. 

• Just wanted to thank all of you for your support.  I'm trying to get used to this new normal.  At times, I feel okay and want to do things around my house or be around people and then suddenly a wave of sadness just washes over me and I'm overwhelmed.  I wish this weren't my life.  I miss my baby so much. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"