Health & Exercise
Options

is it safe to continue power 90??

My finace and i had just started power 90 last week....i found out yesterday that I am pregnat...is it safe to contiue the workout. It involved lunges, runing in place, weights, cruches, ect?? If not im thinking of switching to yoga.  Thanks!!

Re: is it safe to continue power 90??

• Options
    This is something you really need to ask your doctor/medical provider...not internet strangers who know nothing about you or your medical history.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The usual advice for healthy pregnancies is that you can continue doing what you've been doing before, so the question to ask is what kind of fitness level were you before you started the power 90 last week?  Were you already in pretty good shape and this was just a new way of doing it, or were you starting from ground zero.  I've been doing all sorts of fitness videos for years and I've just kept doing them, listening to my body and modifying them as I see fit or when something just doesn't feel good.  For someone who wasn't doing any type of fitness before, walking is probably the best exercise.  Yoga feels good (but you'll still have to modify as the pregnancy allows), but you shouldn't be limited to yoga.  

If you're in any type of high risk category, the answer changes and you should talk to your doctor or midwife, but in most cases, a pregnancy doesn't mean you have to stop exercising. You just don't want to start doing something more demanding than what you were doing before.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure how the power 90 compares but with my 1st & 2nd babies I was doing turbo jam and the firm when i got pregnant.  I just continued with it and never had issues.  It wasn't until like 34 weeks that I started modifying.  With this pregnancy, I was doing 30 day shred and again just continued.  In all my  pregnancies I've done crunches without issues until @30 weeks and then just did core work.  Just listen to your body- when you start seeing stars you're working too hard.
  • Options
    There is a lot of bouncing and jumping so i would ask to be sure. I stopped it when i found i was PG with my 2nd one and of course no ab workout. Find a workout w/o lots of bouncing, it will be healthier for you. There are lots of great Pregnancy workouts to keep you in shape and even flexible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"