New to The Bump

Still a newbie

OK so I am still kinda new to all this but wanted to just give a rundown and introduce myself. Me and my DH just got married in May and even before that we always talked about a baby and starting a family. Well before we REALLY decided to start I stopped my BC back at the end of April. The thing of it is since then I have not had a period since my last. I recently went to see a Dr. about it and he prescribed me Clomid and Provera. I have not started them yet b/c this week from blood test I am apparently ovulating. It be nice to get pregnant on my own with no meds but if I dont and I start on the medication I hope to get KU fast!
And this is my background a little :)
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Still a newbie

• Do not take the Clomid. 

Take the Provera and see what happens.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The dr shouldn't have given you Clomid. Their main concern should have been getting your period to start (Provera) and then went from there. It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. I don't understand why drs just hand out Clomid like it's a fix all and not a big deal. Good luck on getting AF to show up!!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Loading the player...
  • imageDoublePortion:
    The dr shouldn't have given you Clomid. Their main concern should have been getting your period to start (Provera) and then went from there. It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. I don't understand why drs just hand out Clomid like it's a fix all and not a big deal. Good luck on getting AF to show up!!

Because 9 times out of 10 it's an OB/GYN who has no flucking clue what they're doing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKdgTeacher:

Do not take the Clomid. 

Take the Provera and see what happens.

So I take the Provera first for the 10 days it was prescribed to start? What exactly is the Clomid for? I know he told me all about it but I had so much info thrown at me all at once :/

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"