March 2012 Moms
Options

Need feedback

My LO is teething 2 bottom teeth are coming in.  I have a friend babysit him during the day when I'm at work. When my hubby went to pick our baby up yesterday the babysitter told my hubby she was feeling his teeth and had her finger in my babys mouth. When I got home my hubby was freaking out, because she did this.  He was saying how dare she do that? That is so unsanitary, no one should stick their finger in your babys mouth. How do we know it was clean? We are so careful and clean.

Anyway, what our mommies feelings on this?  She is a friend of mine. So, I am more familiar with her than my hubby and know she is very clean, but I told her to please not do that again. She was apologetic and said she was just checking got see if the babys tooth was hurting.

Re: Need feedback

• Options
    When he's two and eats dirt while outside playing remind your DH of this! Lol!
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't find that concerning. I would hope if she's babysitting an infant she's washing her hands regularly. So if you trust her to babysit I wouldn't worry about her finger being in LO's mouth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJessica1232:
    When he's two and eats dirt while outside playing remind your DH of this! Lol!

Love this! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's a fight to keep your fingers out of DD's mouth!  She will go out of her way to chew on your fingers because it helps her little gums feel better.  It wouldn't concern me at all if my babysitter had her hands in DD's mouth for this reason and we're not even friends.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecmsdouglas:
    It's a fight to keep your fingers out of DD's mouth!  She will go out of her way to chew on your fingers because it helps her little gums feel better.  It wouldn't concern me at all if my babysitter had her hands in DD's mouth for this reason and we're not even friends.

Yep and yep.  You've got to trust your caregiver.  If you don't, you need a new one.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejanb213:

My LO is teething 2 bottom teeth are coming in.  I have a friend babysit him during the day when I'm at work. When my hubby went to pick our baby up yesterday the babysitter told my hubby she was feeling his teeth and had her finger in my babys mouth. When I got home my hubby was freaking out, because she did this.  He was saying how dare she do that? That is so unsanitary, no one should stick their finger in your babys mouth. How do we know it was clean? We are so careful and clean.

Anyway, what our mommies feelings on this?  She is a friend of mine. So, I am more familiar with her than my hubby and know she is very clean, but I told her to please not do that again. She was apologetic and said she was just checking got see if the babys tooth was hurting.

HA! My neighbor had the nerve to stick his finger in her mouth around 7 wks old at a dinner party, and I barely know him! That annoyed me due to how young she was, I dont know him, and didnt see a recent hand wash.

However, at this point Im not too concerned over a little germ here and there-I figure it builds her immune, so this wouldnt bother me too much-but its all personal to each individual

Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
  • Options

Um, seriously? This is what he freaked out about? That is such a non-issue imo. Would not phase me in the least. When I worked daycare, I checked for teeth all. the. time. And yes, my hands were clean. Not a big deal.

I think your DH needs to chill out. You kid is going to come in contact with waaaaayyy more dirt and germs than what was on your babysitter's finger. It's called being a kid.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    imagerocknrollfriend:
    I personally wouldn't find that concerning. I would hope if she's babysitting an infant she's washing her hands regularly. So if you trust her to babysit I wouldn't worry about her finger being in LO's mouth.
    this.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

My first reaction was that he overreacted, but I understand because my DH may have reacted the same way.  I think it may be from not being around kids much and not understanding why she may have done it in my DH's case.  If you really aren't comfortable with it then I think you handled it the right way by talking to her and explaining why.  

He really is going to have to get used to the germ thing though, because it is a fact of life once they start playing with others.     

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"