December 2010 Moms
Options

Cost of running a ceiling fan

I read recently that it costs approximately one cent per hour to run a ceiling fan.  We leave our 3 ceiling fans on pretty much all the time, and with running the a/c so much this summer, our electric bill is astronomical.  I just did the math and realized that it's costing me more than $20 a month by leaving all 3 ceiling fans on 24 hours a day.  I'm going to try to remember to turn those suckers off when I leave for work and go to bed!

Re: Cost of running a ceiling fan

• Options
    We have all of ours on all day plus at night we have a floor fan on in both ours and DD room. We live in a split level and even with the air on it still is hot cause all the hot air still rises to our living level. I think keeping ours on help with our bill, if not I dont think our air would ever shut off!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Options

This is one of the most common mistakes people make when trying to save energy. You might be surprised to hear that fans cool people not rooms, so you'll actually want to turn them off every time you leave the room. They only work by helping increase evaporation off the skin and making the air feel less stagnant, so there's no benefit to leaving them on when you're not in the room.

Good for you for looking in to ways to save electricity. Sometimes the smallest things add up to make a big difference.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"