December 2010 Moms
Options

PNW people - heat wave ?

WA & OR people, is everyone having heat advisory warnings?  We are I guess for the rest of the week.  P's daycare sent an email saying their cooling system can't handle the heat, and they might send kids home at 2 or 3 the rest of the week!  It works out for us, but man!  

How is it in your neck of the woods?

Re: PNW people - heat wave ?

• Options
    It's freakin' ridiculous here. I HATE the heat.  Blah 
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    imagelvmcc:

It's a nice, cool 69* here right now.  A/C is Western WA might not be essential year around, but I sure do love it!

If you guys get too warm, feel free to bring P down!

DH offered to get an AC unit, but that's like $500+!!  I told him I'd rather not & just put in a heat/AC unit whenever we replace the current heater.  Boy, am I regretting that!  LOL!

I do feel bad for the daycare though.  At least they are really watching the heat & the building capability & keeping the kids safe!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCheekers2010:
    Oh, I LOVE the heat!  I just need an ocean or lake to balance it.  Wink
  • Options

imagesofamonkey:
    imageCheekers2010:
    Oh, I LOVE the heat!  I just need an ocean or lake to balance it.  Wink

Well, if I had AC I probably wouldn't be so bitter. Ha ha 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    It's been pretty warm LOL. We have a crappy little window AC that will keep the house cooler than it is outside by a bit...but when it is super hot it can't do too good of a job. mid-upper 90's or above and we are at 80 in the house, which is still better than nothing. We will be at Paulina Lake for the next 4 days, hopefully it is a tad cooler there!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    It's hot!!!! Thankfully, we have an A/C unit in our bedroom and a fan to sleep with. It stays cool in our room during the day so when we are home Kiya goes in there and chills out in front of the tv. The bad part, Kiya has been sleeping with us for the last month because her room gets so hot and now Im afraid she has moved in.

I don't mind the heat but dang my fan in the livingroom doesn't do much but push the heat around. Cooking sucks cause it makes the kitchen hotter.

But, I am loving the weather just wish it was a few degrees cooler lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am in Northern Cali and it's been in the triple digits all week and looks to be that way for the next week also. While triple digits aren't totally out of the ordinary for us, this many days in a row is. 

We've just been running our ac like crazy. We have to with a toddler and newborn. And DH is a mechanic and his work doesn't have Ac, so he sweats all day long and likes to come home to a nice cool house.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageTMNTgirl:

I am in Northern Cali and it's been in the triple digits all week and looks to be that way for the next week also. While triple digits aren't totally out of the ordinary for us, this many days in a row is. 

We've just been running our ac like crazy. We have to with a toddler and newborn. And DH is a mechanic and his work doesn't have Ac, so he sweats all day long and likes to come home to a nice cool house.  

Your poor DH!

Lilypie - (vGZN)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"