Baby Names
Options

Name "Camryn" for a girl..opinions?

We're expecting a girl! People say Cameron is mainly a boys names, however I've never met a boy with that name but Cameron Diaz, the actress, made it more of a girl friendly name to me. What are your opinions on Camryn for a baby girl name? and any suggestions on a middle name for Camryn?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Name "Camryn" for a girl..opinions?

• Options
    Please spell it Cameron.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• Options

Love Camryn for a girl.

Middle names:

Alexandra

Brooke

Jade

Nicole

Olivia

Paige

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage

Natural M/C at 7 weeks 9.17.08 Natural M/C at 7 weeks 2.1.13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually like Cameron (spelled this way) for a girl.  It was on our list until DH's cousin named their girl that a few years ago.  The ladies here don't particularly like it for girls......but I do.  We would have done Cameron Elizabeth.  If you're going to do a boy name on a girl, own it and spell it correctly Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I think Camryn is cute. It's overused though.

I like Camryn Elizabeth 

• Options

Sorry, I only like Cameron for a boy but if you are going to use it spell it the right way.

ETA: Since you are using a "boy" name I would pick a middle name that is most definitely a girl name - Elise, Elizabeth, June, Angelina, Josephine

imageimage
  • Options
    I like Cameron for a girl, but hate the spelling Camryn. I like the suggestion of Cameron Elizabeth and also think Cameron Rose would be pretty. I would use a middle name the is clearly a girl's name when using Cameron.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I hate Camryn on a girl. Cameron on a boy is a great name- I know tons of them. I can't endorse any spelling of this name on a girl. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Cameron is a boy's name. 

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options

I really like that. I like the spelling too so I know I am in the minority on here.

Camryn Jane (CJ)

Camryn Elizabeth

Camryn Michelle

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My brothers name is Camryn so all I can think of is a boy when I hear it. Obviously it can be unisex, but I prefer it  for a boy. 

• Options

My niece who is 8 is named Camryn, spelled that way.  

it is not my favorite to be honest, but it is fine.  She goes by Cami.

Her name is Camryn Grace and I think that goes together well.   I also like the Rose and Elizabeth suggetions above.  

• Options

FYI- when the name is said outloud, people aren't going to konw the spelling.  I experienced this at the playground once over the name "grayson/graceyn".  A woman yelled out the name.  I thought to her boy.  Turns out it was a girl, and I'm SURE her name is spelled the "feminine" way.

But when spoken - it's all the same.

That being said, I do NOT like "Camryn".  I have a coworker who named her DD that and it makes me cringe whenever I see it.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

I know more girls than boys named Cameron.  I think it's fine for a girl and I like the MNs people have suggested in this thread.

But please for the love of all that is holy, spell it correctly.  Your daughter will thank you.  I think there is actually a bumpie with a daughter named Camryn who has posted that she regrets spelling it that way. 

• Options
    imageLexiLupin:

Ditto PPs- don't succumb to the 'y' trend. If you want to name her Cameron, just name her Cameron.

However, I prefer Carmen. Similar sounds, undeniably feminine.

I think this is a great suggestion!

• Options
    If you want to use a boy name for your daughter spell it correctly. Cameron is fine, Camryn looks like you're trying too hard to be different.
  • Options
    I hate it spelled that way.

• Options

cameron is a boys name...adding a Y makes it a boys name spelled incorrectly.

i do not like the name for girl or boy spelled either way

• Options

1.  Normally I don't like names with random y's, but this doesn't really seem random to me.

2.  The more I think about it, Camryn and Cameron seem like two different names.

Cam+ryn( like lyn).

Cam + Ron .

They may sound very similar, but  ryn and Ron are different.

3. Sorry for all the name snobs.  I don't think of Camryn as being misspelled.

4.  I have a friend who just named her DD Camryn Marie, and she is super sweet.  I also like Paige for a mn.  

• Options

I love Cameron on a girl, but if you're going to use it, own it. Misspelling a name just makes it look silly. Don't do it. It's not feminine. It's stupid.

As far as a middle name, I agree with the idea that a feminine middle name suits a unisex first name best. Rose, Belle, Grace, Hope, Elise, Renee...

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Terrible.

Honestly, why do people think adding a Y to a name makes it more feminine. It's still the same name... it just looks misspelled.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As someone with a unisex name, I'd caution against it. Very frustrating to get emails at work addressed to Mr. or have someone call and say "He told me..."  If you must, I'd suggest a very girly middle name and possibly a girly nn like Cammy or Cammie or whatever. I'm a NOT A FAN of funky spellings either.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I think Cameron is fine for a girl. The spelling Camryn is NMS!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    imageSerendipity117:

Sorry, I only like Cameron for a boy but if you are going to use it spell it the right way.

ETA: Since you are using a "boy" name I would pick a middle name that is most definitely a girl name - Elise, Elizabeth, June, Angelina, Josephine

Yes 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hate Camryn.  Please just spell it Cameron.  No one will know it's Camryn unless it's written.
  • Options

Just want to throw in my funny Cameron story. My son was in kindergarten last year and his teacher had the kids look up the meaning of their first names and draw a picture. The little girl named Cameron found out her name meant 'crooked nose" and drew a picture of herself with a gigantic crooked nose. Her mom and I were in the hallway where the pictures were displayed, and she said "If I had known about this, I would never have used the name Cameron."

Silly, yes, but if you care about the meanings of names.... Also, I would definitely spell it Cameron and maybe give her a girly middle name so figuring out gender is easier.

• Options
    To me, there is a pronunciation difference between Cameron (Cam-ER-on) and Camryn (Kam-rin).
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options
    I don't get this logic: How is giving a child a girly middle name going to help in any way? Aside from a birth announcement, when does anyone know or care about middle names? I have 2 children. The amount of people that know my childrens' middle names: 6? Those would be his grandparents and an aunt or two.
  • Options

"Camryn" just makes it looks like the poor girls parents can't spell. *sigh*

I don't like the name period, but at least don't misspell it.  Sheesh.

• Options
    I love Camryn for a girl and prefer the Y to make it feminine and distinguish from a male name. It was on my list but H vetoed it.
  • Options

imageTheWop:
    I actually like Cameron (spelled this way) for a girl.  It was on our list until DH's cousin named their girl that a few years ago.  The ladies here don't particularly like it for girls......but I do.  We would have done Cameron Elizabeth.  If you're going to do a boy name on a girl, own it and spell it correctly Smile

I agree.

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"