2nd Trimester

Dry heaving WTF

I suffered from nausea until about 3 weeks ago, but thankfully never actually threw up. The nausea finally went away about 3 weeks ago and I've felt pretty good ever since. Suddenly, this morning, I start dry heaving about 6 times in the shower. Where the eff did that come from? I feel fine otherwise! 
BFP#1 2/18/2011, EDD 10/18/2011, natural m/c 2/28/2011 @ 7 weeks
BFP#2 5/28/2011, EDD 2/1/2012, chemical pg
BFP#3 10/22/2011, EDD 6/30/2012, natural m/c 11/3/2011 @ 6 weeks
BFP#4 4/16/2012, EDD 12/24/2012, Beta #1 23 @ 10dpo, Beta #2 68 @ 12dpo, Beta #3 370 @ 16dpo, Saw baby and heartbeat on 5/11/2012.

It's a boy!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dry heaving WTF

• I'm having the same issues, but mostly around brushing my teeth.  Shouldn't this part be over by now?  (especially for you!!!)  It's annoying, isn't it?!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have had this with both pregnancies just in the morning...15 wks and still have it now.  Change in temperature brings it on....the shower is the worst...mostly getting out of the shower to the cooler bathroom.  Once i leave the bathroom after a shower, i can't go back in some mornings even with the fan left on...Last time I was in the 1st trimester in the fall, so it wasn't as bad. This time, it can happen in when I go downstairs in the morning and its warmer there than upstairs where we had the a/c on all night.  I also get it brushing my teeth - its the toothpaste, toothbrush (even tried a child's)...I have to have water w/me to immediately wash out hte toothpaste if it starts....

• Loading the player...
  • I am having this too.  I was fine for about 2 weeks, and now the nausea is back with a vengeance.  DS keeps asking me if I'm ok. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I could have written this post my self. No clue what's going on! Brushing my teeth is the worst!!
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This happened to me this morning. I was walking the dog and all the sudden I was heaving in the street. I think the dog's business might have set me off but I think its normal sometimes for morning sickness to rear its ugly head again even later in pregnancy.
  • Ditto. I had awful m/s that seemed to go away about 3 weeks ago as well, but this morning I found myself running to the restroom at work to dry heave. I have found that if I'm too active and don't rest (like I was on my feet for 4 hours in court this morning running around) or get too hot I get really sick. I really don't want full blown m/s again!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just slightly nauseous in the beginning of pregnancy, dry heaving mostly in the morning and before dinner. That all went away around 13-14 weeks. However, about 3 weeks ago it returned with a vengeance. It happens all day long at all times. No specific triggers. Typically starts as a tickle in my throat and leads to dry heaving. I am hoping it will disappear soon! But thankfully....it hasn't killed my appetite! LOL!

Hope you feel better soon! 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Blech it's terrible. My morning sickness curbed as I hit 2nd trimester but then my gag reflex became super sensitive. Then that let up a bit, and now I will randomly dry heave in the morning once or twice a week. Maybe TMI, but I always make sure to have a bottle of water so that I can sip it so there is something to come back up rather than just the dry heaves which can be painful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  •  I am in my 11th week and I have not thrown up at all. I asked my Dr. and he just said consier yourself the lucky ones. But I am constantly queasy and it starts in the morning a couple hours after eating breakfast  and the dry heaves start while im at  work when I'm on the phones. I discovered that when I feel that way I have to eat somethingn like a couple tortilla chips . .  and it goes away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"