Food Allergy
Options

Trying to figure out if she has mucus in her poop.

The photos online show big globs of mucus and sometimes green. Her poop is mustard/bright yellow and slimy like egg yolk and stretchy. Some descriptions online say that's normal too. I'm confused!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Trying to figure out if she has mucus in her poop.

• Options
    Good question- I will be excited for responses.  DD has had both green and yellow stretchy poop that has the same slime factor (all glossy) for about 7 months now.  It has just started getting better (I went on elimination diet and she started eating a few puffs a day, so not sure which caused which). I took in pics of it on my phone to doc, and they said normal, but they didn't see it in person.  I am wondering the same thing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i actually have some pictures from my daughter's diapers (blood & some mucous). i can post them if you want or email them to you if you want to see them LOL. i have from breastfeeding & from alimentum. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll just pm you my email.
  • Options
    Sorry to butt in, but can you email me too? deleted- thanks nini!
  • Options

It's not a good idea to put your email addresses here on a public forum -- you never know who is lurking and you might end up with tons of junk.

I would delete the email addresses from this page and PM them to her instead. 

Just sayin :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is my junk email, but thanks for the heads up!
  • Options

this is breastfed. she was going 10-12 times per day, very fussy, horrible, loud gas pains. never had a yellow seedy diaper. mostly green & sometimes brown like this. sometimes they were also very stringy. let me know if you can see them 

• Options

Alimentum. thicker but still blood- less visible mucous but very stringy

• Options
    imagegrbnik:
    Sorry to butt in, but can you email me too?  grbnik@aol.com.  TIA!
    i emailed you too, the larger file is easier to see
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing. Hers kind of looks like the first picture, minus the blood and bigger blobs of mucus. I guess I'll check with her pedi. 
  • Options
    imagekem717:
    Thanks for sharing. Hers kind of looks like the first picture, minus the blood and bigger blobs of mucus. I guess I'll check with her pedi. 
    you can also ask him to check her diaper for blood b/c sometimes it is microscopic & can't be seen w/ the naked eye
  • Options

Thank you very much.  Hers is more like the first pics- minus the visible blood.  Very sheeny, you can see strands, and sometimes (TMI, sorry), you can pull it apart and one long, thick strand will hold, like snot.  I am going to ask to have hers tested.

Thanks for posting.  This helps alot.

• Options

imagebrowneyedgoil:
    imagekem717:
    you can also ask him to check her diaper for blood b/c sometimes it is microscopic & can't be seen w/ the naked eye

Did your LO have MSPI?  Or was it something else?  Trying to narrow down what we are dealing with.  Thanks!

• Options
    imagegrbnik:

imagebrowneyedgoil:
    imagekem717:

Did your LO have MSPI?  Or was it something else?  Trying to narrow down what we are dealing with.  Thanks!

yes mspi but i still feel like she may be sensitive to other things as well. dr will do blood work at one year.  i'm not giving her any wheat yet but i did eat wheat while bf'ing. she really improved from cutting dairy/soy from my diet & also she is on neocate formula too so i definitely think milk protein (casein) was a problem b/c she still had blood on the Alimentum. 
  • Options
    my dd has mucusy stool and now blood started showing up.  How long did it take for the blood to disappear after cutting out soy/dairy? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"