December 2010 Moms
Options

Stride Rite Sizing

C's never worn Stride Rite before but I found a pair for $13 that appeared completely unworn at my local consignment shop yesterday.  They were listed as 7s and we're attached together tightly so I foolishly trusted what the tag said.  When I got home at took them apart, the inside tag actually says 7.5W.  C definitely doesn't have particularly wide feet.  They're still a little big in length so I can't really assess the width well right now.  How do they normally run?  Given that he'll wear socks, do you think the wide isn't too wide?  I'm not sure the style but its a brown leather shoe with double velcro across the top.  It's not really a sneaker though.

ETA-Looking online I think it is the Oscar shoe. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stride Rite Sizing

• Options

If you go the stride rite website, they have a sizing chart you can print out and measure their feet with.  It's a bunch of weird numbers, which you then input into their "sizing calculator" on the same part of the webpage.  I missed this part of the memo the first time and was so confused. :)  It will tell you what stride rite size he wears.  Nate wears a 6W right now.

Edit:  If you have them measured at Stride Rite, the worker will always tell you they wear a half size bigger than where their feet actually measured and that's what the website says to do too, for growing room.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It will probably be fine as long as you can get the velcro tight enough. I've accidentally bought wide there before and it wasn't a problem.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never actually been into the store, but I've received a pair or two as a gift. I feel like the striderite sizes always seem to run smaller, so you might be okay. Like, the pair Miles had were size 5's (and he fit perfectly into 5's in all other brands) but they seemed a bit tight and he didn't wear them for long. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I think it was a good price so even if we don't get tons of wear that's okay.  Since the kiddo only ever has one or two pairs of shoes max though, they'll probably get worn.  I'll try to get him to stand still long enough to let me measure him.  Pitterpatter, I know you know what I mean!  :-)
  • Options

imageNicole0012:
    I've never actually been into the store, but I've received a pair or two as a gift. I feel like the striderite sizes always seem to run smaller, so you might be okay. Like, the pair Miles had were size 5's (and he fit perfectly into 5's in all other brands) but they seemed a bit tight and he didn't wear them for long. 

That's what I was thinking just looking at them!  I was sort of shocked that they said 7.5W on the inside.  Thanks! 

• Options
    In my experience, wides are pretty different than the regular shoes. Charlie wears 7W (and we actually have those exact shoes - also from consignment!) and they even look wider then regular ones. It could be because he fills them out more, but who knows. I'd say try them and if they don't work you could always sell them!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

DS has had a few pairs of SR shoes.

When DS measured there as a 5.5, we bought him a pair of 5W sneakers b/c I really liked them & they didn't have 5.5 regular. They fit well.

If your LO is a 7 now, I think the 7.5W would be too big for now, but based on our experience, maybe when he's an 8, they'll fit better.

You could always take him to a SR to get measured but not buy anything, just so you know how far off you are.

We have the Reagan shoes for DS, which are brown leather w/ double velcro straps in 5.5 & they don't fit him anymore since he's in a 6 now (pushing a 6.5)

Compared to other brands, I feel like other brands run bigger than SR. For example, when he measured a 5 in SR, I bought him size 5 Converse & they were way too big. He wears them now still. 

He has size 6 Cherokee sandals from Target that he's been wearing all summer. They started out a little big, but now fit just right. He also just got Nike Jordan hightops in 6 & they fit just right.

I'm not sure if any of that info helps, lol.!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"