March 2012 Moms
Options

Call me a weirdo..

but I am excited for my first meet-up with a moms group in my county. I just joined it. I'm pretty excited to meet moms in my area. I just moved here this spring and am a SAHM, am 1hr 15mins away from my family and friends so I don't know anyone in my area or get great chances to meet anyone. Anyways..just excited for it and had to share because pretty sure SO thinks I'm weird for being excited. lol.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Call me a weirdo..

• Options
    Yay! That`s not weird at all, meeting other moms is great for you and your LO. I`ve been able to find 2 in my area that I like and I look forward to them all month :) Hope yours is amazing and full of ladies you really connect with! Have fun!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I joined a moms group last year after moving to a new city. It's been great. This is the first time I've ever really had a social network as an adult. It was an existing group- they've been meeting for 6 years and DD1 was definitely on the young end but we've found many fun people to play with. The group has even had a baby boom this year so there are 4-5 moms with 4-6 yr olds and new babies too. I joined a moms of babies meetup group but it doesn't seem to be taking off. The active group does moms night puts, book clubs, runs, walks, play dates, zoo trips, spray park trips, beach bonfires...  Oh my! That's why I'm exhausted the time!  I need to slow down!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not weird at all! Hope you have fun!
  • Options
    Not weird at all.  I love hanging with my moms group.  They are super nice and it's so helpful to get to know other moms going through the same stuff as you.  Plus it's super cute to watch the kids start to play with each other.  At this point its staring, touching hands, and eating each others hands, but it's still super cute.  Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, I'm totally excited FOR you!! I live on a farm in SW MI and am pretty isolated. I'm lucky that there's an awesome woman "down the road" who has 6 kids (the youngest is one and a half) to help keep me sane. We're our own private mother's group :) But... I would love to have other mom's in the area to talk to and hang out with. And even more importantly, have other young ones around the same age for DD to play with. Country life, sigh!

I'm looking forward to hearing how the group goes! Have fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"