Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Girl's 1st Birthday ideas...

Hi!  Coming over a smidge early as DD won't be 9months until next Tuesday.  I'm curious what you all are doing for your little girls 1st birthday?  I see tons of cute ideas for boys, but I feel like the girls are all disney and/or princess themed...neither of which DH nor I are if fans of...so, what are your planning for your DDs b-day??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl's 1st Birthday ideas...

• Options
    We are doing ladybug but I second the Sesame Street, rainbow, and owls ideas. I LOVE all the Hungry Caterpillar stuff but that might be more boy, but you might be able to work it for girl too
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD1's first birthday was a monkey theme, brown, pink and green, to match her nursery. DD2's will be a little pumpkin theme, since she's a fall birthday.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a son, but have 3 young nieces...what about ballerinas...butterflies...Candyland...or a gender neutral theme (sock monkey)? We had thought of Muppet Babies before, or there's always Dora, Care Bears, My Little Pony, etc.  Or farm theme, they have cute little things for that. 

We're doing Cat in the Hat, because he loes that show...they also have a lot of Dr. Seuss in general stuff.  Right now at Target in the dollar section there's a ton for either of those...I went to town on it, as well, Michael's has that theme stuff for teachers, we got a poster for "pin the bowtie on the cat", and they had Cat in the Hat paper hats as well.  Other stuff to help fill the bags we bought at Target.  As a part of it we're having people donate books in lieu of gifts to a foundation for under-privelaged and abused children. (This may be the only birthday LO doesn't know gifts are a part of the gig and he doesn't need more than he has.) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    We are doing a hello kitty red and pink themed party.
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    we are doing a abbey caddabby theme....
  • Options
    DD's favorite toy is her stuffed dinosaur, so we're having a dino themed party. The colors will be green and brown with a little pink here and there. I went to Etsy for "girl dinosaur birthday" and found a lot of great things.
  • Options

imageFianschneid:
    DD's favorite toy is her stuffed dinosaur, so we're having a dino themed party. The colors will be green and brown with a little pink here and there. I went to Etsy for "girl dinosaur birthday" and found a lot of great things.

Our friends did this for their DD's first birthday. Her nn is Stella-saurus so it made sense and it turned out really cute.  

E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We didn't do a theme.  Her nursery is decorated pink & green shabby chic, so I googled shabby chic 1st birthday and got some ideas on line (blogs, pinterest).  Then I used a lot of her nursery decor for the party decor.  I did consider the owl theme though.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like the hello kitty theme PP mentioned, definitely girly but not common. We're probably going with a pumpkin/fall theme since DS birthday is 5 days before Halloween. I've seen other themes like rubber duckies, milk and cookies, owls, animal themes (jungle, farm, forest), butterflies, circus/carnival. I saw all of those from www.karaspartyideas.com. I just started looking up themes and that's the only site I've found so far that has a ton of great, also more uncommon themes.
    ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We are doing The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Her nursery is VHC, and so were my showers- if you couldn't tell, I am a little obsessed!  

Is your DD's birthday in November?  You could do a fall theme with reds and yellows and browns with splashes of pink and green, with leaves.

Non seasonal could be based off her room, her favorite toy, your favorite toy, her favorite. Book, your favorite book, tv show (even though I am not big on character stuff, they do have some cute ideas). Or even just colors.   Or bubbles. Circus. Animals.  

Have fun! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Butterflies.  We're just inviting family and most of the kids are a little old for games so that helps.  We are going to have everyone make fingerprint insects like butterflies, lady bugs, caterpillars, etc on a mat and frame a picture of everyone together with her on her first birthday.  There are tons of butterfly ideas at dollarstores and I bought FIRST birthday party plates, napkins etc at the Christmas Tree Shops for cheap too.  I agree that Etsy is a great place to look.  GL!  It's never to early to plan!
  • Options
    We are doing a water/ pool themed. I want her to chose her own fun birthday themes when she is older so I went with something simple but something she will enjoy. Plus my birthday is in the winter so a pool party was always out of the question for me.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Options
    We're doing a cowgirl themed party with light pink and brown accents.
  • Options

We are doing a Carousel theme. DH's family have always had a carousel cake for their 1st birthday (courtesy of the grandmother DD's middle name is after), so I thought it nice to continue the tradition.

I had trouble finding carousel decor and tableware, so we are making the carousel pink and purple and everything else to match.

• Options
    We're doing a Snoopy/Peanuts theme. For a boy but could easily be girly. A lady I work with is doing an ice cream cone theme for her daughter. I think that's a really cute idea.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"