March 2012 Moms
Options

WWYD for baby constipation?

DD has been having some constipation the last couple of days and I am considering a few options, but not sure what will be best.  I am considering stopping rice cereal to see if that helps.  I am also considering mixing her cereal with some prune juice, or just avoiding the juice altogether and starting a fruit like pears.  I didn't want to start fruit until I introduced more vegetables, so is there a vegetable that might help that I could start?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD for baby constipation?

• Options

My grandmother told me to add a small amout of white kayro syrup to a bottle. It helped DD. Im prob about to get flammed for this but it really did help her. They did this for me when I was a baby but you still might want to call her DR 1st.

photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Options

PP, I've heard Karo syrup as well, added to a bottle of BM, formula or just water.

We gave DS plain water and stopped giving him oatmeal - it's not worth it to have him miserable all the time.  We're going to wait until he hits 6 months and go to veggies then fruit.  We'll probably start with sweet potatoes, avocado, carrots, peas, etc.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dd has had an ongoing battle with constipation. We started with karo and bm, and got nothing. Then went to karo and water, and had success. However it was short lived. So we switched to pear juice and haven't had any problems since. We started with one part juice, three parts water. Once I knew she was handling that okay we have started doing half and half. My dd was lucky to go once every eight days, but now is going every other day. I don't think we'll do rice cereal because I'm afraid it will constipate her again. If your unsure though, contact ur pedi, mine has given me all these ideas. Good luck!
  • Options
    We tried the 1 ounce pear juice, 1 ounce BM, 1 teaspoon Karo syrup. Twice. Didn't work. Finally did (doctor recommended) 1 teaspoon of milk of magnesia. Worked like a charm. I just fed it to her with a spoon. This was back when she had gone 11 days without a poop.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    1 oz apple juice worked for us.
  • Options
    Our LO has a terrible time with constipation. His doc suggested an one or two oz of apple juice. It works well.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

FACT.

Cats can't smell cheese.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Nyan cat would look better in your siggy.

photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Options
    Did you just use regular juice or did you buy baby juice?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"