Breastfeeding
Options

Help with Ameda Purely Yours

I've had my pump for about 3 weeks now, but have only been using it daily for a week and a half and that's only to pump once or twice to build a little of a stash and have a bottle for DH to give her at night. After my first few uses I noticed I could hear an air leak and when I looked it up online found out that it meant that one of the valves was probably ripped. I didn't notice any rips, but changing out the valve worked. A few days later I notice it again, changed the valve and it's fine, but then it happens again a few days later. So now I've changed out 4 valves with very little use. Am I doing something wrong here? I make sure not to stick anything in them when I'm cleaning (I accidentally did once and that's what I figured caused the first air leak, but have been careful not to since) basically I just swish them around in hot soapy water and then rinse them in hot water. I did boil them all together when I first got them but haven't since. I'm going back to work full time in a couple weeks and will be using it even more and I feel like at this rate it's going to get expensive just replacing the valves.

Re: Help with Ameda Purely Yours

• Options

imageAmyG*:
    call the company, they'll help you trouble shoot the problem.

This. I have the same pump and used it HARD with my first one and didn't have this problem. Call the company and complain...you may have a defective pump that they could replace.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

are you sure there's an air leak? I hear mine making noises that sound like air but I think actually it's the milk coming out of my boob :-)  Is it impacting the functioning of the pump, i.e., are you getting no milk out?

I've used my pump pretty regularly for 9 months and only had one ripped valve... and it was really obviously ripped.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you're not noticing lack of suction, it could just be a motor noise that you didn't expect.  Make sure that your tubing is securly inserted into the motor, the diaphrams at the top are seated correctly and the tops snapped on fully.  Other than that, it could be the sound of milk spraying the sides of the flanges, like PP said, I notice a hissing sound from this when I pump.  I've been using my pump 3 - 6 times a day for over a year now and have replaced my valves twice in that time and only found a rip once.  The other time I think I was just having a low output couple of days and was trying different things to correct it.  Otherwise, ditto, call the company.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"