Baby Names

Middle name help for Blair please!

I am 6 1/2 months pregnant with my first child.  We found out at the 20 week ultrasound that we for sure are having a girl and originally I assumed I was having a boy so I had plenty of boy names that I loved including a perfect middle name - Silas Xavier was probably going to be the name but of course my prayers were answered and we are having a girl but.... I really didn't have a good name in mind!  I always loved Ava way before it became one of the most popular names in America but now seems way overdone and doesn't seem like it would fit!  So I suggested to my boyfriend Blair, I don't know anyone that's named that and it's so pretty, easy to spell and learn for a little girl too but... I cannot for the life of me figure out a middle name!  When we tell family and friends or coworkers about what name we've decided on, the 1st question always is what's the middle name? And of course I'm like ummm we're working on that! I've thought about Kerrigan, Lennox, Hendrix, Talulah ... But I'm not sure what I feel like sounds like my baby! Anybody have any good suggestions?  The last name starts with an S and is one syllable if that helps!  Thank you so much for your input! 

Re: Middle name help for Blair please!

• I really like Kerrington for a middle name. Blair Kerrington Smith (just a sample S-one syllable last name),
     Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr & SparklingDiamond (congrats)   DX with PCOS - 2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! Clomid cycles 1-5 = BFNS. One more before we move on.
  • I think Blaire Whitley S_______ (pronounced like Whitney but with an L) sounds nice. I LOVE the name Blaire but it is too matchy-matchy with my last name :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Blair is our favorite name, but sounds like a tongue twister with our last name! 

Blair Kerrington

Blair Leighton

Blair Hayden

Blair Kathryn

Blair Josephine

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCandyshel13:

Blair is our favorite name, but sounds like a tongue twister with our last name! 

Blair Kerrington

Blair Leighton

Blair Hayden

Blair Kathryn

Blair Josephine

This one really stuck out to me! I like the ring.

• The first name I thought of was "Blair Azalea." It may be a little more hippie than you were looking for, but I think it's pretty!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagew+c3:
    imageCandyshel13:

Blair is our favorite name, but sounds like a tongue twister with our last name! 

Blair Kerrington

Blair Leighton

Blair Hayden

Blair Kathryn

Blair Josephine

You girls are kidding, right?  

Blair Waldorf, Leighton Meester, anyone?   

Blair is a fantastic name!!

Blair Marie

Blair Anastasia

Blair Elizabeth

Blair Catherine

Blair Ava 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Blair Christine
  • Blair Leighton

Blair  Nadine

Blair Everly

Blair Piper

Blair Waverly 

Blair Hadley

Blair Emerson

Blair Harley

Blair Finley

• imagejustAphase:
    I just wanted to add that since Blair can be used for boys and girls, I would definitely choose a very feminine middle name. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejustAphase:
    I just wanted to add that since Blair can be used for boys and girls, I would definitely choose a very feminine middle name. 
    Totally agree.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the idea of using an off-beat, quirky middle name like the ones you listed. And Blair is such a sweet, simple first name that it works well.

Of course, I'm partial to Tallulah... ;)

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageJaysonandKristin:

This! Blair Leighton is WAY too gossip girl. Don't do it.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCandyshel13:

Blair Kerrington

Blair Leighton

Blair Hayden

Blair Kathryn

Blair Josephine

I like all of these. My thought was Blair Leighton. 

• imagedandlelyon:
    imagejustAphase:
    Totally agree.

I third this.

Not only that, with Blair and your last name being one syllable, you can really play with the middle name. 

Other suggestions: 

Blair Elizabeth
    Blair Charlotte
    Blair Danielle
    Blair Madeline 

Do you have a hero that you look up to? If you're a religious person, is there a Biblical figure you want to honor? An actress you've always admired (i.e. Blair Marilyn if you're a Marilyn Monroe fan)?  

You're so rad, more rad than my dad If you were a fabric you'd be plaid Everybody knows plaid is so rad I think about you and I go mad You're so rad

~The Bouncing Souls

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Blaire Leighton = Gossip Girl

I love Blaire spelt with the e at the end

BFP 12/11/12 EDD 8/24/13 DD born 8/4/13
    BFP 11/30/14 EDD 8/13/15

BabyFruit Ticker

beach
  • imagedandlelyon:
    imagejustAphase:
    Totally agree.

That stuck out to me too. A lot of the suggestions for middle names are either masculine or unisex names, and since the only Blairs I know personally are male, I'd assume that Blair Emerson/Blair Carrington/Blair Hayden/etc were all males.

Blair Alexandra, Blair Catherine, Blair Madeleine, Blair Sophia, Blair Olivia, etc.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • imageJaysonandKristin:
    imagew+c3:
    imageCandyshel13:

Blair Kerrington

Blair Leighton

Blair Hayden

Blair Kathryn

Blair Josephine

Blair Marie

Blair Anastasia

Blair Elizabeth

Blair Catherine

Blair Ava 

I honestly didn't even think of that. I knew Leighton from Leighton Meester, but I know a Blair in real life so I thought of her and not a tv character. Not to mention I haven't watched a Gossip Girl episode in years.

So yes major coincidence that I didn't see. But I still stick to it sounding pretty.

• I've never seen Gossip Girl so I never made the connection when suggesting it. I really like the flow of it. I'm sure there are plenty of character name first names and actual name mns out there. It wouldn't bother me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagew+c3:
    imageJaysonandKristin:
    imagew+c3:
    imageCandyshel13:

Blair Kerrington

Blair Leighton

Blair Hayden

Blair Kathryn

Blair Josephine

Blair Marie

Blair Anastasia

Blair Elizabeth

Blair Catherine

Blair Ava 

I honestly didn't even think of that. I knew Leighton from Leighton Meester, but I know a Blair in real life so I thought of her and not a tv character. Not to mention I haven't watched a Gossip Girl episode in years.

So yes major coincidence that I didn't see. But I still stick to it sounding pretty.

Never would have noticed it. I think it's a great name though, and the Gossip Girl association won't last forever.

• Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Definitely gives me some good insight on it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"