Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

JJ Cole Original Bundle Me not safe????

Re: JJ Cole Original Bundle Me not safe????

• Options
    It is fine to use on a stroller or other seat, but nothing that goes in between your child and the car seat (underneath your child) is considered to be safe for riding in a vehicle. 
  • Options
    Correct, it's not safe. Anything that goes between baby and car seat isn't safe. That's an easy rule of thumb to remember. (The exception is if it comes WITH the car seat as some come with infant head rests. After market head rests are not safe though.)

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's correct. It's a fantastic item for your stroller, but it's not a safe item to add to a carseat as it may interfere with the straps performing correctly.

I'll be honest and say that I'm not convinced of it being unsafe, but that I wouldn't want to risk it. If it's on your seat and you're in an accident and the carseat fails, even if the failure is entirely unrelated to the bundle me it means you're using the seat incorrectly and would not be compensated for the carseat failing. My biggest concern with that is god forbid my child had a serious permanent injury and we needed help with medical bills, the existence of the bundle me would mean we wouldn't get that help.

You can get the shower-cap style bundle me, which is perfectly safe since it only goes around the outside top of the seat and doesn't interfere with the safety. 

FYI, you also can't use any other aftermarket products on the seat, such as custom covers, for the same reason. Nothing that didn't come in the original box with the carseat because only those things have been crash tested and deemed safe by the manufacturer.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used the JJ Cole shower cap style one. It worked great, and it doesn's interfere with the carseat safety.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The shower cap style is great and safe, I would highly recommend this one. It can stay on the carseat at all times (until it's warmer out) and is easy to get baby in and out.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSPK926:
    Correct, it's not safe. Anything that goes between baby and car seat isn't safe. That's an easy rule of thumb to remember. (The exception is if it comes WITH the car seat as some come with infant head rests. After market head rests are not safe though.)

Absolutely this.

I will say that I have the Toddler Bundle Me on our stroller and I love that thing, so it can have its place.  Just NOT in the car seat, under the baby.  : )

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• Options

Correct - here is a website that shows why - it also shows (in the video) how you can modify one to be safe (Which is what I'm doing because I personally do not like the shower cap type and feel the bundle me will stay in place better then a blanket) - THAT SAID - I've started looking into blankets that have the ties on them.  First link is explanation / video on JJ Cole Bundle me:

https://thecarseatlady.blogspot.com/2011/01/bundle-me-everyone-uses-it-in-car-seat.html

THis link is the blankets I'm speaking of:

https://www.amazon.com/Rain-Shine-Kids-Fleece-Blanket/dp/B0025ZRGZU/ref=br_it_dp_o_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=8B2OR099CQ2U&coliid=I3C60KY48QQU66 

• Options
    imagepiffle42:
    imagepenguingrrl:

That's correct. It's a fantastic item for your stroller, but it's not a safe item to add to a carseat as it may interfere with the straps performing correctly.

I'll be honest and say that I'm not convinced of it being unsafe, but that I wouldn't want to risk it. If it's on your seat and you're in an accident and the carseat fails, even if the failure is entirely unrelated to the bundle me it means you're using the seat incorrectly and would not be compensated for the carseat failing. My biggest concern with that is god forbid my child had a serious permanent injury and we needed help with medical bills, the existence of the bundle me would mean we wouldn't get that help.

You can get the shower-cap style bundle me, which is perfectly safe since it only goes around the outside top of the seat and doesn't interfere with the safety. 

FYI, you also can't use any other aftermarket products on the seat, such as custom covers, for the same reason. Nothing that didn't come in the original box with the carseat because only those things have been crash tested and deemed safe by the manufacturer.

I believe any covers you can buy made by the manufacturer for the specific seat you're using are safe.  I know I've seen covers for Britax seats made my Britax.  I would assume these are safe to use because you're getting something made by the manufacturer of your car seat that's specifically for your seat.

You're right, you can order a new cover from the manufacturer. I generally give the advice no custom covers because many people buy custom covers from Etsy or other sellers that are very cute but not safe! If you order from the manufacturer that's acceptable.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What about the JJ Cole Body Support - are they also not safe to use in the car seat ?   We just registered for one as I had not heard of any danger of these......
  • Options

Nope.. nothing should go between child, seat and / or straps - no strap covers.. no body support.. nothing.  YOu can use a rolled up receiving blanket AFTER you put child in - strap - tighten - buckle.  Then put the receiving blanket next to child to help support her / him.  Also - head supports that come with the seat (or anything that comes with the seat in the box) as mentioned is fine.  OR if you buy something through the carseat manufacturer thats used for your seat (I believe some britax models have infant inserts for instance that are sold seperately).  Otherwise it needs to go 'on' after the baby is in the seat, buckled, tightened and secure.  So the body supports generally run under the child (even thin fabric counts) and thus would void your warrenty.

a LOT of people do not know this.. and hardly anyone reads the manual fully :)   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"